Author Topic: Faaaark........  (Read 2609 times)

mx250

Faaaark........
« on: October 28, 2011, 08:57:52 am »
The world's population has tripled in MY life time - from 2,542,888,502 to over 7 billion :o.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515

....and it will probably be 8 billion before I shuffle off ;).

I've realised since I was at school that World population was the real issue and that no one was talking about it. But this really drives home the point.

Taka 100

Re: Faaaark........
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 09:11:27 am »
well that puts a whole new perspective on getting a knockback , i must be hanging out with the wrong people , might have to take up crocheting , and might get some nice rugs for winter  ;) outa it

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 09:33:03 am »
The world's population has tripled in MY life time - from 2,542,888,502 to over 7 billion :o.

Sorry, I thought you were taking credit for all of them. My mistake...  :D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:54:37 am »

Sorry, I thought you were taking credit for all of them. My mistake...  :D
An understandable mistake, ;D. You obviously know me and my prodigious sexual prowess  ;D but I did the socially and ecologically sustainable and responsible and only replaced myself and my wife ;) :D.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 10:29:54 am »
I've realised since I was at school that World population was the real issue and that no one was talking about it.

I think people were talking about it, remember being shown the movie 'Future Shock' at school. Indira Ghandi was flat out giving away free vasectomies, then along the way the story shifted and we were convinced that what Aussie and the developed world desperarately need was MORE people, or more to the point more consuming people.

THEN in the 80s we developed a aversion to the traditional mass extermination methods of population control, the Europeans stopped shooting and gassing each other, the Chinese stopped starving millions on collective farms, smart bombs meant we didn't have to eliminate whole cities, the Christian right gave abortion a bad name in the States, globalisation spread the resources across the planet where they could be turned into new babies more effectively.  So here we are at 7 billion which must be a bitch to count accurately.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 10:52:59 am »
I've realised since I was at school that World population was the real issue and that no one was talking about it.

I think people were talking about it, remember being shown the movie 'Future Shock' at school. Indira Ghandi was flat out giving away free vasectomies, then along the way the story shifted and we were convinced that what Aussie and the developed world desperarately need was MORE people, or more to the point more consuming people.

THEN in the 80s we developed a aversion to the traditional mass extermination methods of population control, the Europeans stopped shooting and gassing each other, the Chinese stopped starving millions on collective farms, smart bombs meant we didn't have to eliminate whole cities, the Christian right gave abortion a bad name in the States, globalisation spread the resources across the planet where they could be turned into new babies more effectively.  So here we are at 7 billion which must be a bitch to count accurately.
Here's a fully discussion of it's history.

(I should have more fully explained myself - I reckon it is by spreading wealth, education and understanding that we'll get change (which is probably a forlorn hope - we generally learn by putting our hand into the fire despite our protestations of intelligence and rational beings ::)).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15449959

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:23:57 am »
So here we are at 7 billion which must be a bitch to count accurately.

It's a real bitch. You get to 699,999,999,995 and the wife pops her head around the door to ask if you want a cuppa, Doh!!!!

One, two, three...
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 02:24:38 pm »
And think everybody on earth right now will be dead in at worst 115 years or so! J

mx250

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 02:27:59 pm »
And think everybody on earth right now will be dead in at worst 115 years or so! J
I guess we won't have to worry then ;D.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 04:32:40 pm »
Word on Aunty last night was that we will tick over 7billion in a week or two. Given the fact that already 1billion of those don't get a decent feed now and by 2050 that is set to treble-8billion mouths-3 of which will need to be feed. NOT GOOD SUMS.
Also add to that the fact that Qatar I think, just bought a property here in sunnyland about the same size as their homeland, to "fed their people in the years to come". And we were silly enough to sell apparently.
Also heard that in NZ where such sales are band the Chinese form co-ops and buy farms one-by-one to the extent that they have bought an entire valley of dairy farms and got away with it.
My solution is to buy a good sized property with a conglomerate of VMXers under the guise of making a motocross track or two, adding some moo-ers and baa-ahs and flogging it off as a going concern.

Any of you any good at 'selective accounting' to give us a hand?? :D :D :D

maxvmx

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 01:29:27 pm »
It would be so easy to reverse that trend if they made black track pants with white stripes mandatory for women.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:38:49 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:49:27 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 11:30:10 am »
Multiplying like bacteria in a petre dish , eventually their waste and lack of food will wipe it out.
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!