Author Topic: Calendar/sheduler software ? info needed. What to Use?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Calendar/sheduler software ? info needed. What to Use?
« on: December 23, 2011, 09:47:20 am »
OK, i am going to draw on the vast knowledge on here.

i would like some free software from the web for a simple to use calendar/scheduler to keep track of some regular things as i am forgetting a few these days.

i want something i can set up with reminders in advance and regular reoccurring events, hopefully when the date comes up a pop up icon in system tray or the like will occur.

anyone use something like this or know of what is good ? rather than download something and install it only to find its rubbish i though i would tap into the OZVMX knowledge-base.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Calendar/sheduler software ? info needed. What to Use?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:51:13 am »
Hoony - really MS outlook will do all that for you - do you have office installed?  If not then have a look at Walcal (may need to google it).  It is a wallpaper that sits on your screen that you can tailor and enter "events/items" into - fully tailored if eneded.

All the best for Christmas/New Year

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:03:16 am »
Thanks Rossco, i know outlook will do most of what i want ( except the re-occurring scheduling i think) and i use it at work but use outlook express at home but the MRs does not accept change well on computers so looking for something else.

Merry Xmas to you as well and for that matter merry xmas to all forum members !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 10:23:51 am »
Use your mobile phone..... we all have one -  as you can set an alarm that will ring at a preset time to remind you a meeting  blah blah blah 

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 10:39:12 am »
Hoony after spending 60/70 $ a month on credit for my phone.I went for the iphone at $49 a month with $450 eligible usage and 1024mg's-loads of room..(boy child downloads music from it and still have 650mb left)
It can do 50 odd different applications,maps,news,foxtel,market,city search,yellow pages,music,email,downloads..though I only use about 10 off these.
Main one the phone and calender.The calender can very complex or very basic as you like.

Just walked into the shop and told the sales assistant straight up what I was after..Its now got all next years events and more stored.Just like a normal mobile phone with touch screen.
Do it before your kids teach you how.. ;D
cheers us2
Best is in the West !!

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 11:06:57 am »
Palm Desktop is a free, desktop version of the Palm Pilot software. I recommend it highly.

Simple, free and does everything I need... I don't even have Palm Pilot!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Montynut

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:19:59 am »
If you want you can use an online calendar on Google. It is under +more on the top menu of google home page. You can sign up and then set up your calendar. Once set up it can send an sms to your phone for important stuff. works a treat and is free. You can also share your calendar with others and link it to emails so that the calendar automatically updates when you 'accept' invitations etc and so on.

Its worth a look. One positive you can not lose it ;D like a diary or phone

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 11:55:11 am »
Hoony - re-occuring scheduling isn't a problem for outlook - should be ok under calendar in outlook express also.

Have a play before you buy/order/download something else.  I got forced into it through work and it is a handy tool on it's own but even better if you already use it for email?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 01:03:51 pm »
Many thanks, all good suggestions each and every one.

i just love the collective knowledge on a forum, saves valuable time in research.

i have a few days off work so i will investigate my options.

Many thanks again and Merry Xmas.
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:28:11 am »
Hotmail. Free is good.
You can have multiple calendars, synch with your work calendar, have a todo list, make them public or private, recurring events, all sorts of stuff.  It actually does everything you need and is ridiculously simple.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 05:35:12 pm »
i installed Palm Desktop, its so simple to use and set-up.

it pops up a nice reminder on the desktop with text of each event, simple to make events reoccurring on regular intervals. its highly recommended.

thanks again to all those that took the time to respond, much appreciated.
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 09:21:00 pm »
i installed Palm Desktop, its so simple to use and set-up.

it pops up a nice reminder on the desktop with text of each event, simple to make events reoccurring on regular intervals. its highly recommended.

thanks again to all those that took the time to respond, much appreciated.

Hoony,
          i take it this will get you to all the Viper meetings in 2012, no excuses now mate.  ;)
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50