Author Topic: A Photo HISTORY of Victorian SCRAMBLES and MOTOCROSS: Call for pix ...  (Read 1563 times)

Doggy Digger

I am currently formatting a pictorial history book of MX in Vic, to coincide with this year's Honda Bike Bonanza at Broadford (HBBB). 
A group of us are pushing for a bigger presence for the MX faction this Easter.
Black & white, A4, maybe 80 pages-plus ... and done as cheaply as possible.

We aim to get early copies of book to some name riders, to encourage them to turn up.   
We are also looking at a dedicated social night for the MX faction on the Friday night (located at Speedway shed area), to balance
the largely roadrace-oriented Saturday function.   Les BARFOOT and Rosco HOLDEN are working with Drakey on this project.
REQUEST:
   If any of you have good quality photos - or documents (licences, receipts, etc) - from the late 1960s through
to the early 1980s, I would be most grateful for any materials.
I would love any good quality jpegs please.   
PREFERENCES
I am after good quality photos, and am focused on finding UNPUBLISHED material, as am
hoping to create an original and collectible book.
(I don't want to re-print photos we have already seen over the years)
Am also after "In the pits" ... "garage work" ...or "on the road" pix, etc - that portray the faces, fun and times of MX back then.
To capture the human element, please.   
(For example, Mont's VB250 post today.)

Contributors, would you please email jpegs direct to me at:
[email protected] 

With thanks in hope,
Roger

Tony T

Re: A Photo HISTORY of Victorian SCRAMBLES and MOTOCROSS: Call for pix ...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:01:50 pm »
I've got a few.
I'll flick you an email, Rog.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »
Ditto me Roger...Let me dig through the files to see what I've got.
Great project Rog by the way ;)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 01:26:40 pm »
What a great idea, I live near Broadford and work at the complex about 3 days a week, if I can do anything to assist in a VMX 'presence' I would be happy to.

Wish I'd taken photo's as a kid, I really look forward to see what you guys come up with  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.