Author Topic: Kool KTM picture  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Kool KTM picture
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:28:36 pm »

Does anyone know the name of this rider ? He appears to be riding an early 80's watercooled KTM 125 or 250 & seems to be doing a really nice bermshot or about to do a nice faceplant . The top right of the photo says in memory of Olaf , so I assume that this is the riders first name & that he has passed away .I can't make out the name on the back of his shirt.  I would have posted this in the KTM section but hardly anyone goes there . Most vintage KTM riders seem to be outcasts & live in out of the way places like Inverell & Canberra  :D

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Kool KTM picture
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:24:40 pm »
The rider is Olivier Perrin. Someone who can speak French will be required for the translation tho....

http://www.mx2k.com/detail_article.asp?article=1535

I was going to chase up a well known KTM rider for the info, but he's always hard to find. Likes to keep to himself I think...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:26:20 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:35:24 pm »
geeze thats easy its a BIN..... from experiance thats just second nature, in about 2 second your face hits the deck, you leg gets pulled back and you tear your quad, then you get the bar end stuffed in your chest HARD, real hard and then you lay on the ground gasping for air for at least ten minutes.

Happens to me at least once a year, bruise up for at least a weak and then remind my self to stop riding the modern when i get tired, rather than going for one more lap,  before we pack up.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:11:35 pm »
I think Olaf is the photographer.  If you ever take a close look at David Vuillemin's (AMA SX/MX rider)helmet, he has the same 'Olaf' sticker on it.  Apparently Vuillemin knew him well.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:18:46 pm »
Great shot; I'm thinking he speared in.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"