Author Topic: Vale Stephen Dearnley - Old #1  (Read 790 times)

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
Vale Stephen Dearnley - Old #1
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:14:22 pm »
Not vmx, but an old treasured rider all the same.

G’day all,

I am writing with the sad news that Old Number 1, Stephen Dearnley – one of the Ulysses Club’s founders and our guiding light for more than a quarter of a century – passed away this afternoon, Saturday 11th February. A memorial service is planned for Thursday afternoon 29th March at the Mildura AGM.

The following announcement is on the national website:

It is with the heaviest of hearts that the National Committee announces the passing of our founding member, Old Number 1, Stephen Dearnley. As can be appreciated, it is a sad time for his family and those close to him.

Knowing the love that members have for Stephen, the family realises the many cards and condolence messages will follow. In respect of their privacy and sadness at this time, the National Committee asks that all condolences be sent via the National Administration Office.

Although Stephen’s funeral will be a private affair for family and invited friends, the National Committee advises that a memorial service will be held at the Mildura AGM Event 2012. We hope that the membership can be there to celebrate the life and legacy that this man leaves.

Please appreciate this is a difficult time for all. A tribute page to Stephen will be available shortly in the Members’ area.

On behalf of the National Committee

Denis Paulin
President
Ulysses Club Inc.

WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Vale Stephen Dearnley - Old #1
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:48:23 pm »
This came as a big surprise to me. I spoke to him last year and he seemed to be in good health. He has left a big pair of shoes to fill. Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning