Author Topic: Now be Honest  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Nobby25

• B-Grade
  • Could possibly fit other models?
    • View Profile
Now be Honest
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:39:46 pm »
I was just thinking of the bodgy repairs I have done before selling bikes back in the 70s
As some of you would be aware an RM125A has a different size top end pin and bearing (larger diameter)to every other RM,TM TS etc, so after a rebore and then realising that the dealer had sold me the wrong piston he suggested to get a small end sleeve machined up to make it fit, which I did. Sold it straight after, I wonder how long it lasted. :-X

Banged up the tank on my RM250B the same as Roger did

So I used circles of yellow contact to build up the dents until it looked like I was just protecting it with the contact.Sold it straight after I wonder how long it lasted :-X
Got a C2 after it ;D no more dents but the stickers never stayed on did they >:(.
TM125L RM250N TC125L RL250M PE175T RM80C RMX250T ATC70 YZ80B?

Offline Nobby25

• B-Grade
  • Could possibly fit other models?
    • View Profile
Re: Now be Honest
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 02:45:37 pm »
Sorry :P after recent events maybe I should have posted this in Tech Tips.
Cheers Nob
TM125L RM250N TC125L RL250M PE175T RM80C RMX250T ATC70 YZ80B?

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 03:00:36 pm »
Hey Nobby,
No much better in General Discussion. If you posted it in Tech Tips you could be accused of trying to promote such dubious behaviour.  :D
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 09:27:45 am »
The worst was on a bike I was intending to keep.  The frame had been cut and raked.  my cousin and I de raked it and there was a gap in the backbone so we shoved some smaller diameter water pipe in there and birdshit welded it up.  It had a steering dampener bracket under the triple tree that bolted to the frame and I figured that would help hold it all together. I was young and clueless.

Twenty years later I sold the bike to a mate who was a boilermaker and I told him all about the dodgy repair and that it needed a serious seeing too.  he passed away a few years later and I never knew what happened to the bike or if he fixed it.

Other than that I've never done a dodgy for sale repair.  I always do my best to fix it right, more so if I'm selling it.  I was selling something once and the first thing I did was tell the buyer everything that was wrong.  They were so impressed with my honesty that they straight up bought it.