Author Topic: Bullshit Ebay  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bullshit Ebay
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:28:32 pm »
Just been through the joys of a non paying bidder episode for a bike with a lying toad from Traralgon.....might be on this forum even. No names but seems to be involved with Yamahas. However, I digress.......

Ebay invited me to share in the selling experience  via a short survey. OK!  Start answering a few questions- Lickett style rankings. Less than optimum experience numbers given. An opportunity for a blurb...so let fly with all barrels. Suddenly I am notified that ,thank you, but ebay already has enough respondents and my input is not required, thank you have a nice day. Seems that they really only want to hear about a positive, happy, fuzzy selling experience.

Aahhh, that feels better. 8)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
Re: Bullshit Ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:15:55 am »
"Thank you for choosing Ebay"  ::)

;D

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 06:46:06 am »
For those that know that I have a Yamaha and that I live in the Traralgon area, I would just like to point out that it is not me involved in this episode.

Cheers Poss

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »
The last time I had a non paying bidder, I re listed it and got double the price.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 09:25:57 pm »
Had it before and you can't leave bad feedback as a seller and I got a bad feedback for the buyer being a idiot and trying to make me deliver the item when I had described the parts as pick up only more than once in the listing.

You can do second chance offer to the next highest bidder I have had good experiences with that as a buyer and seller.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:55:11 pm »
Evilbay, always a surprise. second chance offer-what a croc. Make the winning bidder pay or ban them for ever!
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:36 pm »
Had no joy with the second bidder. The non payer situation screws up the relist because any watchers probably figure that the seller was schill bidding so get shy. I had 28 watchers second time and no bidders.
 I agree with oldyzman - its a contract so there ought to be a relatively significant sanction for this sort of behaviour. I noted in the 'buyers' feedback that he'd screwed someone else awhile ago but it didn't show in the feedback numbers so thats twice now and ebay hasn't scrubbed him. If the seller cant leave negative feedback then ebay should if the transgression is proven. A lot of ebay is about trust to a large extent, and if an account holder has a track record then they should be banned. I wont be accepting bids from Terry again.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 12:07:15 am »
i saw that relist. it was that mxB or something.  Just bag him out in the new listing, least yull feel better
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »
What are you selling CANAM,
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 02:00:48 pm »
YEP , i had a jerk off buyer, ebay lost my counter claim and then did not stick to there own rules, end game was i got screwed by some self important lying &%@#* , the worst part is that it was a bike part , so sadly it was a bike rider, i can only hope it was not one of us  :'(

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 06:18:46 pm »
Am I F%&*$n cursed or something? Have I got F-me tattooed on my forehead? 'Sold' another bike and copped another NPA (non-paying arsehole)! Now I have to go through all the ebay resolution crap AGAIN to get my credits back and the prick wont even cop a feedback slap from ebay......I'm about to go postal >:(

I'm a mite....PISSED!

Tony T

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »
Sorry if I misunderstood, Paul. But are you upset?   :D :D :D :D

Sorry mate, you're just bloody unlucky, but I do seem to be hearing more of this sort of thing.
Good luck with it!

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 07:30:22 pm »
When you file the non paying bidder dispute with ebay you get to choose how many days you leave the dispute open for them to pay up.  I think it might be a 3 day minimum.  The minute you close the dispute you lose your right to leave negative feedback. 

So the trick is to leave negative feedback just before you close the dispute.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 09:29:33 pm »
You should be a counsellor Tony - you are pretty good at reading between the lines  :)

C&B, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 10:10:57 pm »
In the words of the great Doctor Zachary Smith...... Oh the pain!!!!  ;D