Author Topic: Leigh Adams seriously injured  (Read 6234 times)

cheapracer

Re: Leigh Adams seriously injured
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 03:16:38 am »

Anyone wishing to email Leigh a message of support can do so by emailing - [email protected]

If you’d like to send cards or messages, post them to Leigh Adams, 12 Neville Avenue, Clarence Gardens SA 5039

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: Leigh Adams seriously injured
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »

Here is a message from Leigh Adams, courtesy of Geoff Grocott and Trevor Harvey " Fotohound

Australian speedway motorcycle legend, Mildura’s Leigh Adams, says he has been totally overwhelmed by the support he has received from sponsors, fellow riders and fans alike in the aftermath to the serious injuries he sustained early last month whilst practising for the Finke Desert Race in the Northern Territory.

Adams, a ten times Australian Champion and multiple World Team Cup Champion, who retired from international speedway in January this year, recently embarked on a lengthy rehabilitation process following surgery to strengthen his damaged spine.

“I have been overwhelmed with the support and interest from around the globe,” Leigh said, speaking for the first time since his accident.

“I'd personally like to thank Jill Smith for her contribution towards establishing my rehabilitation fund and Colin Stratford for his invaluable work on my website. The fund is greatly appreciated and apart from the obvious financial help, it gives me an enormous incentive to continue on my road to recovery. Furthermore, I’d like to acknowledge Sam Michael and Mark Webber for their assistance in securing numerous auction items that will be highly sought after.

“I would also like to pass on my sincere thanks to Jason Crump and the rest of the boys in the Aussie Speedway World Cup Team. I was astounded with the work the lads have put into selling space on their race suits to help me. Best of luck to the boys for the upcoming race-off...I'm with you all the way!"

Leigh, 40 years of age, also wishes to extend his gratitude to the many sponsors that have made generous donations by sponsoring the team Australia SWC suits. He says it means a lot to him to see familiar company names involved.

Meanwhile, Leigh continues to make strong progress and he is improving with the help of his daily therapy.

“I am remaining positive, he added.

“Thanks to the public for giving me the personal space and time I need. Hopefully one day I'll be able to travel around to thank everyone.

“I am hugely relieved to have recently been given the OK to stop wearing a neck brace that was driving me crazy. Not having the neck brace makes everyday tasks that bit easier. I’m happily propelling myself around in a wheelchair and I’m already looking ahead to a lighter, more agile design to aid my increasing mobility. My plans for the future will require some initial lifestyle changes, but remain relatively unchanged. My goal is to enjoy time in Australia with my family and to continue with my plans to conduct Speedway training schools across the nation and to develop junior speedway bikes”.

For more info on Leigh see: http://www.leighadams.com/2010/

Foss

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Leigh Adams
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 11:55:50 am »
MA NEWS November 28, 2011

Cameron Woodward, left, Davey Watt, centre, and Ty Proctor, right, celebrate at the Leigh Adams Benefit Meeting at Gillman Speedway.
Thousands turned out on a night of celebration at Gillman Speedway for the Axelent-Speedway Racing News Leigh Adams Benefit Meeting.
In a fitting result to the racing for the Jack Young Cup it was Davey Watt on board the Leigh Adams Racing machine that won the night, taking out the final ahead of Ty Proctor and Cameron Woodward.

The man himself, Leigh Adams said the amount of support he has received since his accident has been amazing, praising all involved in making the event happen.

“I’ve pretty humbled by the amount of support I’ve got, not just here by in Europe and everywhere,” Adams said.

“It’s been incredible tonight and a lot credit has to go to Dave Parker from Gillman Speedway for putting this together.

“I said to Dave when he first mentioned it to me that I would have much time to help him out, but he’s just put it all together tonight and it’s been amazing.”

A clear and balmy night welcomed riders and spectators, with a host of high profile names of Speedway and Speedway Sidecar putting on a brilliant show.

In a result fitting of the night it was Watt who claimed the honours courtesy of a brilliant second-lap pass of Woodward in the final take line honours and outline his credentials ahead of the 2012 Australian Solo Speedway Championship.

Watt, Woodward and Lemon were the standouts through the heats, with each winning four of five heats to book a place in the final.

Ty Proctor and Justin Sedgmen went into the sudden-death semi final as the form riders, but with was Proctor who got the win ahead of Brenton Barnfield and the spot in the final.

In Sidecar action the team of Mick Headland and Paul Waters erased the memory of their FIM Track Racing Sidecar 1000cc World Championship showing by producing two outstanding rides to win the Sidecar Scratch Final.

Reigning Australian Champions Glenn O’Brien and Aaron Maynard were the top performers in the heats and were joined by Mark Plaisted/Jamie Banks and Justin Plaisted/Mark Lucas in the final.

Having only amassed three points from the first four heats, Headland/Waters needed to score in the final heat to book and semi final berth.

The two-time World Champion pairing recorded a second in the last heat and went on to blitz their semi final and the final to win the event ahead of
M.Plaisted/Banks and J.Plaisted/Lucas.

Leigh Adams Benefit Meeting Results

Jack Young Cup
Scores after heats:
Davey Watt, Mark Lemon 14 points; Cameron Woodward 12; Justin Sedgmen, Ty Proctor 11; Brenton Barnfield, Jake Anderson 9; Cameron Heeps 8; Mark Jones, Robert Ksiezak 7; Jason Stewart 6; Nigel Sadler 5; Brock Gates 2; Ryan Sedgmen 1.

Semi Final: Proctor, Barnfield, Anderson, J.Sedgmen

Final: Watt, Proctor, Woodward, Lemon

Sidecars
Scores after heats:
Glenn O’Brien/Aaron Maynard 9 points; Mark Plaisted/Jamie Banks 8; Justin Plaisted/Mark Lucas, Warren Monson/Deven Gates 7; Mick Headland/Paul Waters 5; Chris Pascoe/Simon Cohrs, Darrin Treloar/Sam Gilbert 4; Mark Mitchell/Tom Golding 3.

Semi Final: Headland/Waters, Treloar/Gilbert, Pascoe/Cohrs, Monson/Gates

Final: Headland/Waters, M.Plaisted/Banks, J.Plaisted/Lucas, O’Brien/Maynard

Check out VIDEOS from Leigh Adams and star riders from the night at the MA Facebook Page.

Best is in the West !!