Author Topic: Are VMX races too short? I think they are.  (Read 6875 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Are VMX races too short? I think they are.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 10:31:20 pm »
whilst not necessarily to the degree the "super fit"  ;D guys here are talking about but Crystal Brook did run sliding scale races with later model bikes doing more laps than earlier ones.  I was happy with 4 laps as it did test the old bod but made you feel good about it coming in.  At my pace that was around 9 mins or just over.

And I do have to point out again - yes the Nats are the pinnacle of our sport but if you want to ask members how many laps they feel happy with (or time) them also find out how many are racing for sheep stations and how many are out for a ride.  May be (and it has been discsused at length also) you have longer title races and shorter  "support" races??????
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 10:48:24 pm »
That seems fare. Its all a bit different in SA as there isnt a state series but just a one weekend state title. In the Eyre Peninsule we have a series with the moderns with one class a bit like evos and probable a third of the bikes are pre75. We tend to get good numbers for one class but wouldnt have enough to split it up to eras. Funny enough there are always 1 or more pre75's on the podium tho. Most guys at these meeting say 3 laps is 2 to many as they r in the same boat with zero time for fitness or time to keep bikes at 100%. Hope to one day round up a few boys an maybe wonder over for a few meetings and see how it all rolls your way. In the Nats I think about 50% of the pre75 125's were SA, but yet we only got 6 of them at the state title. A bit of an opening there for some interstaters to come over next year and pinch a SA title if it doesnt clash with local rounds.

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 11:02:05 pm »
Any move forward would get support from a dozen Whyalla boys. Just hope the rest of the state would support. It would be good to keep Levis MCC involved  as they have been the only ones keeping it goin for a long time.
PS sorry to hijack subject.