Author Topic: G'day from Angaston in the Barossa Valley  (Read 1590 times)

valleyam

G'day from Angaston in the Barossa Valley
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:18:07 am »
Hi all, been meening to join this forum since I first saw it a while, back finally got round to doing it. Fantastic source of information and interest. Some magnificent restorations and some real passion shown by enthusiasts on this forum. Have been interested in VMX bikes since my days of going to scrambles in S.A. in the 1960s as a young kid. Lost interest in bikes all together until about 1994 when I got the spark again and started riding reliability trials here in S.A. at the age of 37. Have been riding ever since in various events including the vintage motocross at Acusa Park in S.A. Unfortunately I had a heart attack during a reliability trial this year and have yet been able to get my comp licence back. Well on the way to recovery now so should be ok next year.Travelled to victoria a couple of years to ride in the Vipernats including the one that got cancelled a few years ago because it was to dusty. Have got a few old bikes in the shed and will get around to bringing them to their former glory one day. Until then I hope to keep riding them.
Thanks for having me as a member.
Andy ;D

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: G'day from Angaston in the Barossa Valley
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:25:46 am »
Hi Andy, Hope all goes well :) its good to see another local, are you going to Morgan for the fun day? all the best on your quest and hope ya ticker comes good as new ;)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »
G'day Andy :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

valleyam

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:55 pm »
Hi Andy, Hope all goes well :) its good to see another local, are you going to Morgan for the fun day? all the best on your quest and hope ya ticker comes good as new ;)
Hi Shelpi
Don't think I will make it to Morgan. Will see how things go for next year. I had intended to get out and become a member and ride a few club days out there this year but didnt get around to it.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 02:29:03 pm »
Hope to catch up one day, went to the muster on Sunday, we got 96 TT/XT's

valleyam

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »
I'm still finding my way around this site but enjoying every minute of it. The old photographs in the track section are absolutely brilliant. Its given me a new outlook on vintage stuff. Havn't felt this way about it for a few years. Theres some passionate people out there with amazing knowledge and skills bringing these old machines back to life again

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:13:57 pm »
Welcome aboard mate, don't be afraid of getting involved in discussions that toy think you can contribute to. You've probably got info we can learn from too!
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 04:19:44 pm »
Yes this Mob have blown me away with there passion, experties, knowledge, helpfulness, skills and good humour, io Freaky big time for getting me onto this site, getting me to CB NATS and more :)