Author Topic: Is Nepean going to close???  (Read 816 times)

vmxmad

Is Nepean going to close???
« on: October 15, 2011, 08:43:16 am »
I have been told by one of the local w..k that the locals are trying to get the Nepean speedway closed down does anyone know anything about this and if so how can it be stoped Just one more I know 3 house holds in the street that has not been contacted by this !!Group??? so is it bull s..t or not I do know of other that have been told the same thing and stoped building bikes to race next year we need to stop this or find out more about this.

Curly3

Re: Is Nepean going to close???
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:58:29 am »
I think that's been the rumour for years but there are others who'll know more about how serious it is.
The good sign is that they've been putting a fair bit of money and time into the place recently with big plans for more.
But you're right we should be getting on the front foot to fight it.
Micks, what's the goss?

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:27:14 pm »
Bump
Micks, any inside info?

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:01:43 am »
yer there has been niose complants but nepean are addressing that.caretaker mention that there could be a group / petition happening.
i bet that someone has bought a house in the area who had no local knowledge and was not told by the real estate about the track.
anyhow slides/vmxmad the clubs are tring too get next years dates together.
don`t forget the mini bike track at the back. :)
people power!!!     nepean`s group / petition will be BIGGER than their petition.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:05:04 am »
 My understanding is that with N.M.S.C is being proactive in communicating with local residents and Penrith Council, regularly about upcoming events and improvements to aspects of management of any foreseable problem areas, things are o.k for us so far.
 Management of dust, noise, water pressure variations are some of the areas that our valuable team that forms the committee are continually dealing with, and doing a great job of.
 I have no connection with N.M.S.C. personally. These are my impressions of the 'status quo'.
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!