Author Topic: The Golden Tonsils  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
The Golden Tonsils
« on: October 15, 2011, 07:57:28 pm »
The Golden Tonsils has stated in a radio interview that he is too old to ride his bikes.
He says that Husqvarna's are his favourites but I remember him buying a KTM in the early 70's.
I wonder how many bikes he has in the shed as he was an avid collector in days past.
Could they be coming on the market ?
What wonders could finally come out into the light of day.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

mx250

Re: The Golden Tonsils
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:03:17 pm »
He won't be selling for the want of money ;).

My guess is he'll keep them as a collector. I think he is into collecting and has more than one collectable car.

Someone should get in his ear and invite him and his collection to CD8 8)

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:50:13 pm »
All the earliest memmories I have of being at my dad's shop as a kid, include Lawsie always being on the wireless in the workshop.
He definitely loves his bikes and bought parts from dad a few times.
His collection would be pretty bloody good I reckon.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 08:49:08 am »
I have a feeling he sold or gave away all of it. He son owns a bike shop at Bathurst
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 11:01:33 am »
I believe most of John Laws bikes ended up with his son Sam who owns (or owned) the old Max Woodruff shop in Orange. I've been told that he kept some Husky's but sold most off a few years back. I spoke to a bloke at CD6 who reckons his '78 WR 390 is ex-John Laws and claimed he had the original paperwork.

The late great Roy East became good friends with John Laws through Lawsies love of Husky's. Every time John bought a new bike he insisted that Roy personally deliver it to his farm to assemble and sort the bike while drinking copious amounts of Wild Turkey and enjoying some deluxe BBQ. Roy wasn't much of a drinker and reckons he'd polish off his yearly quota in one weekend at John Laws farm. :D

When we were setting up the very first vintage meeting at Amaroo Park in 1988 I sent a letter to John Laws inviting him come along as our special guest and perhaps present the trophies. I received a really nice return letter declining because of a prior engagement but wishing us the best of success with the event. Even though he couldn't make it he apparently told his mate and riding buddy George (James Bond) Lazenby about it and he came along, enjoying it so much he returned a couple more times whenever he was in town away from his home in New York.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha