Author Topic: JAps  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
JAps
« on: October 07, 2011, 01:35:29 pm »
Was looking at 2 valves for a long tracker, but have been offered some japs in my travels, not sure what there worth or if there any use really, but any ideas > ones a 4 and ones a 5 B.

ones in a rotrax frame the other assume unknown.  not a brand i have ever followed so i have no idea if there cheap or over priced.  and what if any use they can be put too, we only have classic spedway and thats one class up to and including the 890, so the older gear has to race with it.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:47:07 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Curly3

Re: JAps
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 01:52:54 pm »
Find out what he wants for em and where are they, looks like Nth America.
The first one looks like an early Rotrax, I've got one in the shed the same and the orange one is probably one of there last ones.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:54:59 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 02:11:11 pm »
I know where they are and i know how much he wants.  kinda wasnt the question.  im asking are they sort AU and what sort of price if i did but then needed to need to bail out out of them.

i got a bunch of bikes im finally getting send back here thats been in the states for a while and as its coming back people keep tryhing to temp me with more.....
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »
Hey, Freaky
A nice pair of old skids bikes !!, they would be a buzz to ride and how competitive they would be, in the class you mention, depends very much on the nut holding the handlebars.

To my mind, I would kill for the old 5 stud one with the 22 inch rear wheel simply because of it's historical value !!, it has to be earlier than 1947 when JAPs went to 4 stud

However to race, I would chose the later 4 stud engined one and the motors would have to be gone right through.
Foss

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:46:04 pm »
I haven't seen one's like them come up for a longtime so I can't really help you there, but if you're into bringing bikes over from the U.S. grab em, you won't have any trouble selling them here.
Jim will buy one for Foss as a christmas present. ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 05:11:32 pm »
Depends on upside.   like i said no point lookin at if there no value i them, youll blow $2k just getting them here add say $4k for the bikes and you'd want to be sure someone has a retirement cheque that can part with to pick up that slack.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 05:16:33 pm »
If my mafs is correct, that's $3k each landed here, pretty good I think.
As I've said many times about many bikes, if I could I certainly would.
Sounds like you've tapped into a rich vein over there Kerry.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 05:18:05 pm »
nope thats like $6k a bike your mafs is a bit out.   ;D

if they was only $3k landed and transport to SA - those would be photos posted from inside my garage.

im onto some 2 valve around the corner form this guy, what im really after is a long track frame 2 valve but i keep turning up these bloody short trackers, when your not looking it pours right  ::)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:20:57 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 05:31:29 pm »
No being a pedant but I was going on the, "them' & "bikes" wording so $6k ea is definitely a bit strong, obviously they're not the nuff nuff's that we all dream of coming across.
I'd think about selling mine for 6k.
I just noticed, I had a Briggo bike cover exactly the same as the one laying on the concrete, I know where it is too but he won't admit it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:49:47 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »
Those bikes are a part of Mark Engle's stash that he's selling see ad from vft.org (Speedway Stash for sale) that I posted elsewhere on the forum. Jonesy's bought the Offenhauser conversion motor for a steal and all of his other stuff is well priced and well sorted. Here's the JAP segment of Marks ad....the orange bike being the '70 model and 23" rear wheel one the '47 model.
1- 1970 jap, speedway, rotrax, all stk, bike cover
and more. $3100.00

1- 1947 jap, speedway, all stk. $4400.00
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha