Author Topic: Hello from Pete.  (Read 1021 times)

peter cr450

Hello from Pete.
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:41:15 pm »
Hi all, I have just joined this forum after getting myself a CR450, 1981 model. I have always wanted one of these beasts and decided to buy the one from Dead Dog Racing as it looked quite clean for its age. I intend on doing a complete tear-down and re-paint etc for display purposes in the local Honda dealership as well as the occasional ride to feel the rush of these old big bore beasts! I have been around bikes for quite a while now, and have owned 3 XR600's and a DR600 among others, however the body does not bounce so well these days, so i trail ride at a slower pace now on a CRF230 ( love that electric button!). It will be good to talk to like minded people as i restore the mighty 450 to hopefully pristine condition, and share some stories along the way.

Kind regards from pete.

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Pete.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:49:49 pm »
Welcome aboard Pete !  :)

You are in the right place for advice on your (new ;D ) CR450 ! I think I saw that one on DDR ... Nice !

Throw up some pics during your progress.

Careful though - this site is a little addictive...... ;)
-Hardo

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:57:20 pm »
Yep, welcome. Believe me, we are all looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your CR450 project.

peter cr450

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:09:22 pm »
Yes, thanks heaps for the warm welcome!
             I look forward to getting my bike back into pristine condition. Its already getting plenty of looks and comments down at the local Honda dealership as they are a pretty rare bike down my way. It should be a reasonably easy resto as it is already in pretty original cond, apart from having the wrong carby, although i think i may have one coming now through a dealer in WA. I am pretty lucky to work in a large fabrication/ painting workshop, so access to all the nice gear for making bits look pretty again is easy! I certainly have plenty on my plate at the moment, am in the midst of doing a total resto on a 1993 xr100 for my girls to ride. Honda's are so much nicer than those Chinese pit bikes. The China bikes just don't have the build quality right yet...

Regards, Pete.