Author Topic: RUOK.  (Read 1657 times)

Curly3

RUOK.
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:41 pm »
Tomorrow is RUOK day and I'll admit, I've had times when I've struggled, but today, I'm okay.
Hope you're all doing good, if not talk to someone, anyone.
Even us degenerates.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:41:22 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: RUOK.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:07:31 pm »
It must be the weather. I've been bitten by the black dog a number of times over the last few months but I've felt a million thousand bucks for the last few days. There's a well known Queensland racer who going through a tough time right now. He's prone to lengthy visits from the black dog so I'll give him a ring tomorrow just to make sure he's OK. If you know someone who's battling the blues....give 'em a call, you've got no idea how welcome an RUOK call can be to someone in need of one.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 10:37:07 am »

well THANKYOU gentlemen for suggesting RUOK, it just made me ring an old friend, wont mention any names, but a former racer,shop owner,musician, sr Kawasaki owner and a TRUE GENTLEMAN. He has had a tough time this last 12 months, like me he has lost two people very close to him this last little while and sometimes finds it tuff, BUT at the moment he says he is feeling like a MILLION BUCKS and has definately decided to live  life to the full, its the best he can do in their honour, amazing bloke, always inspiring to me, for the last 30 years anyways!
Cheers men,
Kt.

oversee

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:53:34 am »
Just to know that someone is thinking of them will make them not feel so alone. I think the most important thing to tell them is that nothing lasts forever, and if they just hang on, things will get better. And of course, tell them that you are there to provide support whenever they need it.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 11:25:53 am »
Firko I am always ready for a chat  Facts or bullshit always excepted :D Cheers Tim754  Curse the black dog but yes talking can stuff the bugger!!!
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

gilletty

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:21 am »
Sad to here a good mates brother committed suicide last night. Keep asking the question RUOK as you never know.

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 11:08:27 pm »
Sadly the co-founder of RUOK, Gavin Larkin ( I hope I got his name right ) has lost his fight with the big C.
God speed and thank you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:11:45 pm by SlideRulz »