Author Topic: Giving it away!! Hurry  (Read 1655 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: Giving it away!! Hurry
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:43 pm »
sign of the times, the prices are tumbling - some cheap bikes on ebay with not one bid...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:20:46 pm »
That looks like about a '90-'91 with those blue upside down forks but still cheap...

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 09:36:17 pm »
That's a good bargain. I'm not all that up on my late Kawas but Johnny O's suggestion that it's post 1990 might indicate that because it's not eligible for vintage racing, it's price is accordingly low. Another thing knocking the prices down is the market being flooded with container loads of American imports. It's just a hunch but it seems to me that there may be more bikes for sale than riders looking for them.
A few years ago the American muscle importers found themselves in the same situation with too many cheap Mustangs and not enough people wanting them which drove the prices down alarmingly for a while.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:20:45 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you all will), but wouldn't the KX500's be eligible for pre '90 under the follow on rule?
I can't think of anything that was changed after '89 besides B.N.G and other cosmetic stuff.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 11:15:03 am »
A few years ago the American muscle importers found themselves in the same situation with too many cheap Mustangs and not enough people wanting them which drove the prices down alarmingly for a while.

Yep particularly big bore 2 strokes were targeted by the VMX bike importers, regardless KX is end of the line 500 and should not be that difficult to sell as cheap horse power.

Yeah I reckon the muscle car thing has burst in NZ as well, anyone who wants one is buying directly from the States and getting a decent car for half the price. My mate just picked up mint one owner 63 Vette for 22K Aussie. Good luck even getting 20K out of the American stuff, Chargers, Toranas and Monaros are still selling well.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

rohan

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 11:46:20 am »
He just re-listed it back to back. It had no Buy It Now price before and no one bid at $1950 starting price.

monaro308

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 01:35:53 pm »
Yeah I reckon the muscle car thing has burst in NZ as well, anyone who wants one is buying directly from the States and getting a decent car for half the price. My mate just picked up mint one owner 63 Vette for 22K Aussie. Good luck even getting 20K out of the American stuff, Chargers, Toranas and Monaros are still selling well.  ;D
[/quote]

My mate's have been importing Mustangs and Camaros in the last year for bugger all,but now every second muscle car on the road is a Mustang or Camaro  :D
My HQ and HJ coupes seem to be holding value and if anything the old Falcons and Holdens are slowly creeping up again due to the yanky invasion.

That KX500 would be nice to own though,but i'd spend more time on the ground or in hospital.
I've only ever ridden 1 500 in my lifetime and that was a mid 80's KX500 and boy did it make me look shit.