Author Topic: Free test day @ Broadford new track last Sunday  (Read 5635 times)

Offline steve7406

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Free test day @ Broadford new track this Sunday
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 08:07:20 pm »
Went up to broadford today for the working bee / track test unreal day i think john orchard has done a brilliant job so for getting this to where it is now the track got better as the arvo went on once bedded in it will be awsome with one section allready being name hoon straight (not confirmed) its also got some pretty fast sections first gear corners sweeping bends up hills down hills  would be good to see more helpers/riders at the next working bee.
2000 Yamaha WR400f
1980 Suzuki RM250t
1977 Suzuki RM125b                                         
1975 Yamaha MX250b
1973 Yamaha mx360 (on the rebuild table)                                                               
1972 Yamaha dt1 250
1976 Suzuki ts 185

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 08:35:32 pm »
............................. with one section allready being name hoon straight ...............

I like the sound of that.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 09:18:52 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Steve, and thanks for coming to lend a hand, you're a mean man with a mattock ;-)

Yeh I really like the track; it will be even better with a little more preparation; hopefully I can get Johnny Coleman to get some equipment out there.

Broadford has Mega-Saturday this Sat, $35 (I think) gives you the day to ride all tracks (Natural Terrain, modern MX, dirt-track, Speedway and Enduro.  If you don't have a licence (race or recreation) a one-day licence can be arranged.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:58 pm »
So where do you think we might build a few jumps ? We dont want anything that takes away the natural terrain nature of the track. The wombat hole makes a neat natural jump. Possibly one along Hoony straight on the upside of one of the dips? One on the downhill back straight and one before the dip heading towards hoony straight?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 04:49:45 pm »
I reckon with those undulations down 'Hoon straight' you catch enough air, I was thinking halfway down the downhill back straight, halfway down the straight that heads towards the pit area and a third one halfway down the start straight for spectator interest (and to show-off  ;-) ).
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.