Author Topic: Whats wrong with me  (Read 24473 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Whats wrong with me
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:22 pm »
As far as Turbo Volvos go, ask Billy Forsyth what he thinks of them. Until he blew his up for the second time and was presented with a National Debt style bill, he thought they were the best thing on the road. Now he drives a Suzuki Swift and reckons it runs rings around the old Swedish barge. He ended up giving the Volvo away.

Doing it wrong!
400,000kms++ is normal from a motor, even the B230FTs which are the most fragile.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2010, 01:37:01 pm »
I'm using the same frame, tank and a similar tail section in my current Benelli project so this is a good indication of how it should look....

well the use of Benelli engine is certainly unique.... Tornado or Sei. ?

Yeah the modern Triumph motor has a heap of uses yet to be discovered, I am thinking Vetter Digger frame chopper.....

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2010, 02:46:36 pm »
Tornado 650 Marc....A Sei might just be a bit of overkill in a dirt tracker ;D.

Doing it wrong!
........I don't know what Bill would do wrong Nathan, he's been around cars and bikes forever as you well know and he'd owned Volvos for decades. If you'd ever been in a car with him you'd also realise the only thing missing was the bowls set in the back and the hat. He's a really conservative motorist...... Anyway, It's not that it blew up that was the main problem...the repair bill is what killed it, and Bill was calling in the old mate network from within the motorsports community and still couldn't bring in a decent estimate. That car really broke his heart, he truly wanted to remain loyal to Volvo but that piece of shit wouldn't let him.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2010, 03:17:32 pm »
That car really broke his heart,

Yeah so there Nathan, plus nobody tatoos Volvo on their arm, but you might like to be the first to try  ;D

Imagine walking into Miami ink and asking for Volvo in the middle of a broken heart, Kat would laugh her ass off.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2010, 03:20:49 pm »
the thinking mans motorcycle

formerly Marc.com

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2010, 03:24:27 pm »
Umm what's wrong with me then...I love driving my 1978 HZ 202ci pushrod 6 cylinder 4 speed manual, commercial Holden One Tonner flat bed ............. ???  Harleys?any 750cc C class flattracker no problems!!!!  Eric Buells  gorgeous take on them Yes!!  Most of the others yeah... well.... and as for the skull mask persons ::) Volvos? love them iced with my coffee!   Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2010, 03:42:11 pm »
I love driving my 1978 HZ 202ci pushrod 6 cylinder 4 speed manual, commercial Holden One Tonner flat bed
And so you should Tim. Every Aussie should experience the exhilaration of driving a Holden one tonner at speed in the wet. Real bloke stuff ;). I had a 253 4sp HQ 1 tonner that was the literally best bike hauler I ever had. I buggered it fitting a 454 Chevy/turbo700 when the little 253 was more than enough to do the job. It's one of the many really stupid things I've done in my life.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2010, 04:18:05 pm »
Every Aussie should experience the exhilaration of driving a Holden one tonner at speed in the wet. Real bloke stuff ;).

Its like you can't call yourself a real Aussie unless you have untangled Holden gear linkages in the poring rain at night/ tonner is essentially Australian. Volvo is about as Australian as blokes wearing male cosmetics.... it happens but we have names for those people.
formerly Marc.com

TT

« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2010, 04:36:34 pm »
Volvo is about as Australian as blokes wearing male cosmetics.... it happens but we have names for those people.

;D

mx250

« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2010, 04:37:01 pm »
Every Aussie should experience the exhilaration of driving a Holden one tonner at speed in the wet. Real bloke stuff ;).
Volvo is about as Australian as blokes wearing male cosmetics....
You're in form today Marc.

(Opps, whats that, I just got struck from Nathan's christmas card list  :-[ - I didn't agree Nathan, just involuntarily laughed)

I now make it a self-imposed rule not to eat or drinking whilst reading your posts  ;) :D 8).

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2010, 05:39:16 pm »
the thinking mans motorcycle

Sorry, I can't see any thinking going on there at all… Just two self absorbed, attention seekers desparately hoping that somebody is watching.

Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2010, 05:57:51 pm »
Volvo is about as Australian as blokes wearing male cosmetics.... it happens but we have names for those people.

Yeah I agree marcFX, their called Ducati and Harley riders. ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:04:56 pm by Stan S »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2010, 06:00:43 pm »
Sorry, I can't see any thinking going on there at all… Just two self absorbed, attention seekers desparately hoping that somebody is watching.
Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you mean like these people

formerly Marc.com

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2011, 08:50:14 am »
Gary Glitter (now theres a dickhead) WTF was he on?

under age boys

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2011, 09:16:50 am »
Gary Glitter (now theres a dickhead) WTF was he on?

under age boys
I remember reading that it was 11 yr old girls, actually. Not that it makes it any less appalling.