Author Topic: All Black in Eden Park.  (Read 1223 times)

Curly3

All Black in Eden Park.
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:52:14 pm »
How sweet will it be when the Wobblies reclaim Bill at Eden Park?
Hopefully we'll be on opposite sides of the draw & the Blacks won't even be there to enjoy it with us.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: All Black in Eden Park.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:05:45 pm »
Yes Allblack "B" team with 7 "B" players just to strong, and motor mouth Cooper looked ordinary
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »
Yeah but Bazza, just think how nervous the Blacks will be if they have to face us in a finals game.
We're just foxing. :-\

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »
The only way any team will beat the All Blacks is if they do their four yearly choke. It ain't over 'till it's over....... ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 11:35:47 am »
The only way any team will beat the All Blacks is if they do their four yearly choke. It ain't over 'till it's over....... ;D

The only way you ever beat an All Black team is if they are leading at 1/2 time..... just at the moment I don't see them being beaten ..... but remember NZ only has one code.

To be fair on the Aussies there should be a Rugby WC that involves league as well, then you would really have a sporting event and we would see who has the moves. But even if the All Blacks loose you have to remember we are a sailing nation. 
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 11:54:43 am »
..... but remember NZ only has one code.

I think you are being very very generous Marc. We're talking very well paid professionals here. Too much money and not enough ticker for my liking :(.  The whole rugby scene talks big and delivers small  :-[.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
Our forward let us down. They should have been pressuring the All Blacks to allow our backs to have some room to use their genuine speed and talent but unfortunately the Kiwi forwards played the best defensive game I've seen in years and absolutely hammered our blokes right from the kickoff and gave their backs room to move. Our forwards were up to scratch in scrummaging and line outs but the genius of Richie McCaw at the breakdown was brilliant to watch. Pocock was equal to McCaw in open play but was out of his league in the ruck.

I 'ain't panicking yet, the Wallabies are young and inexperienced and that game would have hurt big time. They'll be a better side next time out because they were hammered so hard, it's all a part of the learning curve they're going through. Remember that the game was only three tries to two and that the normally reliable James O'Connor missed three kicks he'd normally have put over with his eyes closed. That would have brought the score in to 30-24, a much more realistic figure.

The final of the World Cup will probably be Australia v NZ and if Australia want to hold "Bill" up on the dias they're going to have to bleed passion like the All-Blacks do. The look on Ali Williams face during the haka
was all I needed to see to know that the Wallabies were about to get a very big lesson in passion. I hope they gained something from the experience.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 03:29:17 pm »
Good on you Firko for your loyalty to the Wallabies!

From where I was sitting (the extreme right of All black supporters) your forwards
Particularly the locks and loose forwards got shown up. Add that to
Cooper making far to many high risk plays, no go forward in the mid field,
And goal kicking horrors I would say that Dingo Deans has a HUGE
"Challenge" to get the young "group" to the all blacks level by
The time of the world cup.

The AB's remind me of England the year they won the world cup
In Aussie. Lots of experience and pride in their individual
Performances that make them lift against the younger up and comers.

The scary thing is that our scrum was average, line out combinations were poor
And we really lacked our normal punch with the ball in hand.
The old curse might kick in, it is rugby and on any other day
Any team is beatable. However I would rather be in the AB's camp
Than the Auusies!