Author Topic: you dont see these,s every day  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: you dont see these,s every day
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:07:29 pm »
Have one in brisbane, ready to race for anyone that wants one without the headache of a rebuild. Make certain the motor is a "c" sachs as the a and bs were more trial/trail type motors and have significant lss horsepower, that tiddlers can't afford not to have.
Rosco 86

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:00:19 pm »
comes with 6 neutrals ;D
follow me to first turn

mx250

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:48:50 pm »
comes with 6 neutrals ;D
Careful, last time I suggested anything along those lines I was roundly castigated :o - despite the fact that it was their reputation 'back in the day' :P.

But apparently if you take your time and change gear slowly and precisely there is no more than two neutrals (but exactly where they appear in the 'box can be a bit random ::)). And the situation can be improved with careful assemble, new parts and by pointing your tongue out of the side of your mouth just at the right angle :D.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 07:07:40 am »
Sometimes things are rare for reason
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 08:41:04 am »
Check the questions on this sale then google wassell. ::)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Simo63

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 11:38:36 am »
Check the questions on this sale then google wassell. ::)

Yeah some people need to engage their brain (or google) before they open their mouths.  I recall when I was a young-un there was another young bloke in Wodonga that had one of these bikes (not sure which model or any other details except it was a Wassell).  None of us had never seen one at the time and he was promptly slugged with the nickname "Wassell" ... in fact I can't remember his real name now  :)  Not that it's relevant here but I do remember he had a part time job at Whitehouse Motorcycles in High St at one stage.

On the Sachs engine and gearbox issue, I also had a mate at the same time with a DKW and it was the most unreliable bike I had ever known .. probably still is.  It had a leading link front end too I believe.  He is a qualified motorcycle mechanic and used to work at the old Bob Crosby Motorcycles in Wodonga and had raced motorcycles for years so he knew his stuff.  When the thing actually ran (which was rare) I recall it had a 12 speed gearbox .. 6 gears and 6 neutrals.  The sound of that thing revving itself stupid when the neutrals "appeared" .... the incredible ringing resonance between the cylinder fins, will remain with me until I'm gone  :)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:33:56 pm »
COME ON SLACK YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT & ITS IN TAMWORTH. ONLY 1 HOUR AWAY FOR YOU :D.