Author Topic: What type of van  (Read 4530 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: What type of van
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 05:42:49 pm »
It's the autos and drive shafts that let them down--and the auto models wear out brakes like no tomorrow-pads and rotors.
Wiring can also be an issue.
The motor is ok and run on an oily rag, the same engine as plenty of others including Vitara TDi I think.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »
The manuals wear out brakes too,my rear rotors are ready for duty as boat anchors & the fronts are not far behind,I do a lot of braking though :)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »
pretty normal on modern stuff as since they took the asbestos out of pads they've had to make the discs softer to make them 'feel' right to the plebs.
I reckon everyone should have to learn on a pre 70 motorbike before they drive anything, that way they will understand stuff like 'brake fade' and non synchro gear shifts et al....
That brings me to another subject....but I'll start another thread for that.

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 10:22:02 am »
Have had a good run out of a high roof LWB TD 04 Transit. Can fit three bikes, or one and room for sleeping and gear. Does about 8.7-8.9 kps/L with about 600-700 k tank range, depending on load and terrain. It has only cost me tyres, rego and insurance so far but I have heard some horror stories regarding the cost of parts.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 06:29:05 pm »
Hi Ace .... Toyota Estima also is cheap as chips second hand and gut the seat out and makes nice driving alternative.
formerly Marc.com