Author Topic: 2 Day International Harrow Vinduro 2011  (Read 14900 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Day International Harrow Vinduro 2011
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 09:06:36 am »
This is gonna be a huge event! You can enter on the day too, so if you are still thinking about it, just do it!

See you there.

Tex
PE175N

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 10:16:30 am »
Yep it's gonna be huge - but why has it only 2 and a bit pages to the thread? Not of interest ??? ???
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 10:22:29 am »
Could be the difference between the cyber racers and those that actually use their old dirt bikes? :D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 10:11:55 pm »
Well I’ve had a bummer of a weekend.
A DNS.
I was busy getting my bike ready on Friday when the missus wasn’t feeling well. She was good enough to drive herself to hospital while I finished fitting the new fork seals & PD valves.
Seems she has a case of suspected appendicitis, although their still not sure.
I had the ute loaded and ready to go but then I came down with a case of ‘guilt trip’ and so I just moped about all weekend.
I did manage to drag myself out of my arm chair at one point to visit her in hospital.
I hope she gets better soon, my son and I are getting sick of take-away and where running out of clean clothes.

Dangerous Dave rang earlier while on his way home with his tall tales. Seems it was a bit muddy and there was the odd creek drowning.
95 starters sound’s pretty good, although it should have been 96.

I’m over missing it now so looking forward to hearing everyone else’s adventures, and from what I have heard so far it was one of those events that had a lot of memorable moments.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:49 pm »
I wish I could have made it too Geoff your living conditions sound exactly like what happens when my mum is away I knew I should have put a knobby on the xr and went but no I decided to stay and play footy bad idea. ::)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 11:35:47 pm »
Just got home....  Outstanding weekend. Even the weather came good - managed a little sunburn in the spots that weren't covered in mud! :D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 06:58:15 am »

I got to Agree Canam is was a well laid out track it was a pity one of the
   early riders broke the bunting and did not replace it that caused a fair bit
   of confusion untill was fixed done a lap never got bogged and had a good
   ride with Rach: Joe and Jamie we just worked as a Team in the rough stuff
   thanks all those involved with the setup.

Poppy...

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:03 am »
Geoff, Geoff, Geoff.. Of all the ones to miss! I heard a couple of people say that this was the best vinduro ever, and frankly I'm inclined to agree (not trying to make you feel worse or anything).  ;)

one of the early riders broke the bunting and did not replace it that caused a fair bit of confusion

Ah, and there I was cursing Drakie for his course marking!

Tex

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:16 pm »
I never thought I'd see the day that "our Geoff" became a cyber racer!!! ;D.....You can fly up to QLD for Noel's Vinduro at the end of the month if you like.....there's a KDX400 waiting for you.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »
Yeah, it was awesome. If there is an event that you can't miss, its Harrow.

The course was shortened down from the proposed 37km loop to around 20km, but what was left was still pretty tough going, thanks to a combination of "Harrow Arrow" and the mud.

Five(?) Sections were shortened down to three. The word was that Section Two was the tough one, with two significant boggy sections, but Sections One and two and Three were OK.
The course was a clover leaf, with the end of sections one, the start of sections two and three all being in the one spot. The end of S3/start of S1 was the fuel dump near the start.

Riding through people's backyards was a novel experience, and is part of what makes Harrow unique.
Then the usual first lap arrow chase, trying to find the track. It was funny the way groups of riders would form and break up. It reminded me of playing 'chalk chase' as a kid.

Some of the bogs were detoured around, others couldn't be. It was weird having deep bogs on the side of otherwise dry hills.
As it turned out, the worst bog is S1 was bypassed, there was only one really bad bog in S2, and the killer section was near the end of S3 - a run up the side of a hill, with a fence on one side and the creek on the other. There was at least two bikes stuck in this section every lap after the first - sometimes a lot more.

Personal event report later.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:34 pm »
I never thought I'd see the day that "our Geoff" became a cyber racer!!! ;D.....

Cyber racer!! Yeah, unfortunately that’s me. While I have ridden in a few events I haven’t actually raced in one yet. ::)

You can fly up to QLD for Noel's Vinduro at the end of the month if you like.....there's a KDX400 waiting for you.

The head says…
You beauty, I’ll be in that.

The body says…
Race in an event, you dickhead, you did a stress test last week and you were only good for 8 ½ minutes.

The riding gear says…
Shouldn’t you be thinking about getting some new boots.

The missus says…
You should go, that’ll be good for you, but can you leave me with some spending money before you go.

The bank account says…
You idiot, you haven’t got a hope in hell.

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 09:18:08 pm »
Thats it then, it's settled, your in, an interstate competiter, Noel will be rapped, if it's too hard we can wobble around together at a more leisurely pace...afterall it is QLD the Sunshine state....maybe you can work on your tan?.....a bit of networking for the business (Julia will pay ofcourse).....did I mention sunshine yet?......22 degrees during the day....beer O"Clock at night....you can fly up on Saturday and home on Monday...yer miss'es wont even miss ya...ps...dont fly Quantas ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.