Author Topic: Taper Head Bearing Dimensions - Site?  (Read 911 times)

mx250

Taper Head Bearing Dimensions - Site?
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »
Taper Head Bearing Dimensions - Site?

Anyone know a web site listing Taper Head Bearing Dimensions. Ditto for roller bearing races also.

Thanks in advance.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Taper Head Bearing Dimensions - Site?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:01:17 pm »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »
If you know the basic dimensions of the needed bearing these guys have quite a selection & their prices aren't too bad.
When I ordered tyhe bearings for my CZ I measured the shaft diameter & outer diameter of the cup as well as the thickness with bearings between then ordered the closest set. ID was different but a sleeve was easy & cheap to make

http://www.wemoto.com/parts/bearings_tapered

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 07:56:44 pm »
Speaking of bearings.....a friend recently purchased a set of steering bearings for his bike from Pyramid. The bearings required for his bike are specials (not commercially available) and NLA genuine. Replacements were listed and I advised that they were unlikely to be correct. On email advise from the seller that they were correct (they were also provided with dimensions to confirm sizes) a purchase was made. 'Natch, they were wrong. Their returns conditions required that the goods be returned within 10 days of purchase, in as sold condition (unopened) and posted registered mail TO THE UK! They haven't been particularly interested in mediating the problem.The item was originally posted snail unregistered mail FROM NEW ZEALAND. As you can imagine it would be impossible to satisfy all of these requirements and economically not feasible to recover the items value plus all the transportation costs. Funny that........... >:(
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:01:14 pm by Canam370 »
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

mx250

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:15:14 pm »
Speaking of bearings.....a friend recently purchased a set of steering bearings for his bike from Pyramid. The bearings required for his bike are specials (not commercially available) and NLA genuine. Replacements were listed and I advised that they were unlikely to be correct. On email advise from the seller that they were correct (they were also provided with dimensions to confirm sizes) a purchase was made. 'Natch, they were wrong. Their returns conditions required that the goods be returned within 10 days of purchase, in as sold condition (unopened) and posted registered mail TO THE UK! They haven't been particularly interested in mediating the problem.The item was originally posted snail unregistered mail FROM NEW ZEALAND. As you can imagine it would be impossible to satisfy all of these requirements and economically not feasible to recover the items value plus all the transportation costs. Funny that........... >:(
Ah the perils of internet shopping ::).

Put them on EvilPay (using dimensions rather than model specific) and recover some of the money ;).

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:01:20 pm »
Also dimensions on here

http://www.allballsracing.com/
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022