Author Topic: Black Ops Moto Ignition Coils  (Read 7996 times)

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Black Ops Moto Ignition Coils
« on: June 23, 2014, 03:30:36 am »
Get your vintage bike to run like it was meant to with a new Black Ops Moto Ignition Coil
From the first second you put a plug in the cap to test it against the side of the motor of your bike and you see and hear the big blue spark jump across the electrode you will know these are the real deal.

Easier starting. Engine pulls stronger (most noticeable gain through the mid range) and better fuel consumption if that means anything to you.

Side by side against the stock coil these Black Ops Coils out preform the OEM part in every way. But you have a 25+ oldlie coroadie rusty piece of metal and plastic trying to send spark to your engine that  you spent so much to make run. These coils out preform OEM coils on the new 2014 bikes. There is a lot of unburnt fuel being spit out the exhaust port of your old 2 stroke. Turn that into power.

If you have a old 4 stroke like a TT500 its possible that we can even mount the coil right on the plug like the new bikes. Limiting factor being clearance.
When these were being developed I was sceptical. I truthfully was. I installed them on a Yamaha street bike and was blown away. I could tell from the moment I started it. I went for a ride and I was blown away that there was power to be found in a place I never realized.

The cost of these coils are 288 AUD.
Cost is less for a modern bike where we can mount the coil right on the plug as the bracket cost us 35.00

Cost to Ship is 50 AUD  using US Postal Priority Mail
Cost to Ship USPS is 99 AUD  using UPS
The high price of shipping isnt all shipping. Paypal and the credit card companies kill me trying to take payment internationally and that is to offset it. We dont make money shipping. If any monies are overpaid after covering all fees you will be refunded.

These arent a very visually trick item like an aftermarket exhaust. They are hidden under the tank and you have to point out what you just spend 300 dollars on to your friends. But you can spend more money to make your engine run better and not get a good as result.
And how much would you pay for your bike to start when you wash the front end 3 corners from the flag and everyone is going by you while you kick?

They are avalible for most bikes. We havent tested them on Huskys or Maicosor anything with MotoPlats. But we havent had a Japanese bike that we have had issue with to this point

If you are going to do one thing to your loved VMX bike that is to install a Black Ops Moto Ignition Coil. Unleash the power your engine was designed to make

If you are interested please contact me at [email protected]
Paypal  address is [email protected]

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Black Ops Moto Ignition Coils
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:28 am »
This is pure snake oil. Seen this 'product' under 2 or 3 different names Icat and Roost Boost or something else. The US patent it's covered by shows a Resistor and a diode roughly $5 worth of electronic parts from JayCar.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 12:50:07 pm »
the spiel is "2 good 2 be tru" :o >:( 8)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:18:09 pm »
 "but wait, there's more"

Buy in the next 15 minutes and everyone gets a free. yes free set of steak knives guaranteed to cut diamonds.
Plus as an introductory offer you get free, the top secret  tyre inflator!  Guaranteed to work on any motorcycle  and instantly increase your lap times.
 Amaze and dazzle your friends  and buy it now.

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 04:52:26 am »
No where did I claim it to double your power.I said it will give you a harder pull in the mid range. I have felt it for myself.
Ive ridden a bike with a Roost Boost. Ive ridden bikes with these coils installed.This isn't a Roost Boost. I had noticed an engine to run better with a Black Ops Coil.  I didn't notice anything with a Roost Boost.
I had installed them and saw the plug crack a big blue spark where it didn't before.  I have seen a 83 CR480 go from a hard starter to a not so hard starter
I came to this forum because from the posts Ive read before I was a member I got the impression and still do that Vmx guys in Australia really respect old mx bikes.
I sell these here in the US and I thought id offer them there.
im old enough to know not to shit where I eat.  To me it would take big balls to hang out and talk dirt bikes where you are ripping people off 300 dollars a shot. . I have used and own 2 of these coils on my bikes.  Im confident in the results enough to post them in the dealer section. Had I thought at riders here thought that nothing on thier bike was anle to be improved on I wouldn't have wasted my time and embarrassed myself by making the post. I apologize for posting in this section,  I will stay out and stick to talking about old dirt bikes.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:40:38 am »
Maxpower, don't take offence, there's some awesome guy's on here and there's some clowns, there's also a lot of guys that if it costs more than $2.99 they think it's too expensive.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 11:27:01 am »
I love watching those guys with 30 year old + ignitions kick their bike all day ;)

Max you dont have twin spark plug lead one do you?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 01:18:15 pm »
you oversold it Max! cut down on the spiel and it will go better...everyone is old and wise ::) on here  ;D

fortunately my 30 year old motosplat still sparks with a grandpa kick ;)

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 12:02:21 am »
I'm not part of this sales blurb but shouldn't dealers be able to post and let punters debate it outside of the dealers area after purchase, especially if they the dealers have made a substantial  donation to the site?
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 01:40:49 am »
Apparently its a high output coil and a good coil is needed on any engine.
 Search the net for info and you wont find much on this product apart from spiel and unanswered questions. Okay maybe it does work as claimed and maybe it doesn't but if it does, why are the facts so hard to find ?

A few facts go a lot further than here say. 

From the black ops website Vintage section

No dyno results are available for the Vintage CR500 Husquavarna CR500,,, yet.
No dyno results are available for the Vintage Maico Maico 490,,, yet.
No dyno results are available for the Vintage KX250 kx250,,, yet.
No dyno results are available for the Vintage KX 125 KX125,,, yet.
No dyno results are available for the Vintage YZ125 vintage YZ125,,, yet.
No dyno results are available for the Vintage YZ250 Vintage YZ250,,, yet.
No dyno results are available for the Vintage RM125 RM125 1983,,, yet.

I did not bother checking all the other sections  however the ones I did check had no dyno results apart from a CBR100RR with a claimed increase of 3.5hp Wouldn't you think a company would have a decent set of testing results to back up a claim? I would.
 With this in mind would you give someone $300 because they said this thing actually works?  I think I would be more inclined to wait for unbiased testing results being available from reputable sources and leave my cash in my pocket rather than buy yet another miracle product.

Sorry MaxPower but .. naa Im not sorry Im dubious and I feel that's a fair call on this product .

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 02:52:29 pm »
In addition.. my understanding of a coil ..is it only uses the spark sent to it from the stator.. it can't make any spark of it's own..it only works with what it gets... if the stator charge is weak..then that is all the coil moves on..

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 04:26:12 pm »
In addition.. my understanding of a coil ..is it only uses the spark sent to it from the stator.. it can't make any spark of it's own..it only works with what it gets... if the stator charge is weak..then that is all the coil moves on..
Yep
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 05:12:30 pm »
I don't know much about this electricity stuff so can someone explain to me why a 12 volt ignition can give such a jolt at the spark plug end of a lead? What happens between the stator and the spark plug to boost the current? Has anyone ACTUALLY tried one of these coils? I run a self generating twin plug ignition on my 250 BSA and have read comments about it ranging from best thing ever to simple low tech crap! All I know is it saves a heap of weight and makes sparks at the business end where it matters.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 06:13:46 pm »
The HT coil works on a simple transformer principle. What you have at the spark plug is very high voltage but very low current.

The 12V supply voltage is applied to the primary of the HT coil which has relatively few turns (coils) it then creates a magnetic flux field around the HT secondary coil via the iron circuit.

When the ignition triggers the secret to a strong spark is to colapse the magnetic field as quickly as possible. This rapid collapse of the magnetic flux induces a voltage into the HT coil secondary which has very a high number of turns (coils). This why it does not spark on the charge cycle as the rate of flux change is slow while charging relatively speaking.

The transformer effect can only occur when the magnetic flux is changing it does not work when the flux is static either zero or maximum.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:15:22 pm by HeavenVMX »