Author Topic: Sideshow Bob?  (Read 1873 times)

TooFastTim

Sideshow Bob?
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:27:37 pm »
Sideshow Bob:

Marco Simonchelli:

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Bob?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:30:39 pm »
He might have to cut his hair if he manages to keep it together for 20 odd laps.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »
The hair bear is fun to watch
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

mx250

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 12:16:08 am »
The others are lucky that he is his own worst enemy at the mo. They weren't going to beat him if he kept it together ;).

And he was unlucky in that he probably would have saved it, lost 4 places and come back at them. As it was Loranzo had no where to go, hit him and brought both of them down -  a 'racing incident'.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:14:55 am »
I suspect he's wearing a bit thin with HRC and Gresini, I dunno f he would he topped Spies but he needs some time in the mirror room.Simoncelli actualy vetoed the use of a special super soft asymetric tyre, with softer rubber on the left hand side, oh the irony.
Marlboro Ducuati are up shit creek with a turd for a paddle, Mugello is a week away, and they are 30seconds off the pace.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 12:56:07 pm »
I rekon Marco is good value. ;)
Anyone notice the reaction in Lorenzo,s pits ?
Priceless. ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

mx250

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 06:01:12 pm »
I suspect he's wearing a bit thin with HRC and Gresini, ........

You're kidding me. HRC would love Simo :). Not only is he a promising Honda rider for the future but he is either taking out the 'right' riders or taking points off them, assisting Casey to HONDA's first MotoGP Championship in 6 (?) years.

I dunno f he would he topped Spies
He had the times to show he could. But Spies got a blinder of a start and right from the off he looked in control and fast and determined. Which is why Simo was pushing soooo hard in the first lap. I think he sensed if Spiers got a break he was going to be hard to run down. The lap times told him that. But he obviously had the pace. And the balls and the motivation and the confidence.

Mind you I think Casey had more pace in both the qualifying and the race but he was playing this side of safe - smart move.

Marlboro Ducuati are up shit creek with a turd for a paddle, Mugello is a week away, and they are 30seconds off the pace 8).
They really have painted themselves into a corner. Great PR, great expectation, poor delivery.

Mugello will be telling. Given the testing here, they should do well. But 'well' here means a top 3, and a competitive close top 3 at that. If they don't preform 'well'........... :-X

May you live in interesting times ;D.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:38 am »
A full factory bike, in 10th place in the championship? Taking out was a Pedrosa a 10 million Euro error. If Simoncelli would have been unable to remount he would be down in 14th place, with the Pramac Ducati's, no silver lining in that dark cloud. As one Italian journo quipped "if only we could add Simoncelli to Dovisioso, one thinks too much the other not enough"

mx250

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:28:56 am »

"More work was needed, Rossi said, and he called for yet more new parts from Ducati. The front end needs to be fixed to get more heat in the tire, and given the conditions MotoGP had faced so far this year (wet and cold as a rule), the sooner that problem is solved the better. The GP11.1 at least allows Rossi to ride more naturally, he said, but the bike remains immensely complicated to set up. The horde of Rossi fans that always turn out at Mugello will expect a miracle, but that's too much to hope for at the moment. But at least Rossi is now in with a chance of being competitive in front of his home fans: the Ducati factory in Bologna may survive next weekend without being torched." ;D Ah pressure! I love it 8)

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011/06/26/2011_assen_motogp_post_race_round_up_it_.html

mx250

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »
Such complaints will not deter the vast band of fans that Simoncelli has amassed, both in Italy and aboard, however. As Valentino Rossi falters, the allegiance of the Italian - and a large section of the British and American - fans has switched from the nine-time World Champion to Simoncelli. The Italian brings a much-needed dose of excitement into the MotoGP series - though for both the right and the wrong reasons."

"If Simoncelli crashes again, or is involved in another incident, then HRC could start to lose patience with the Italian. He may be good marketing value for the San Carlo Gresini team, but he has not got the results that Honda demands, nor that his status and equipment as a factory rider deserves."

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011/07/01/2011_mugello_motogp_thursday_round_up_it.html

mx250

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 08:41:12 pm »
Just posted. Early days ;) :)

"Marco Simoncelli has laid all the criticism and complaint to one side, topping the first session of free practice for the MotoGP class at Mugello and smashing the race lap record by well over half a second."

http://motomatters.com/results/2011/07/01/2011_mugello_motogp_fp1_result_simoncell.html