Author Topic: Coonabarabran Nats  (Read 1112 times)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
Coonabarabran Nats
« on: June 20, 2011, 06:34:27 pm »
I was at the Goanna Tracks course about a month ago & thought to myself "shit there is a lot of work to be done for a national title round". Went down on Sunday & holy crap :o. They must of had 400 people working 24-7. Awsome day. Only crit is its not very good for spectating, but still a great day. I would like to thank the guys at Goanna tracks for a fantastic day. Heard a rumour  that next year they will get anouther round. If so get along & enjoy a great days racing.

Devilman

Re: Coonabarabran Nats
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:02:45 pm »
Was there too.. . Freakn epic track in so many ways ... except for viewing I guess. Its a motocross "build it and they will come". Nestled in the warrumbungles... 3min plus lap times for pro riders gives U an indication of the track length which is why viewing the track was a mission from one spot & the trees around were good for shade but obstructed your view a little too. Get out and walk around is the tip.Track width was amazing & with huge tapped out upill step ups & massive TTops the action was spectacular. Been to em all so far and they produced the round of the year in their first dig. Go! Goanna tracks!! Worth the drive next year guys... do it!

trailietrash

Re: Coonabarabran Nats
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:44:49 pm »
It wasn't that long ago that the lack of barriers to protect and keep spectators from entering the track had a question mark over any event being held there. Congrats to everyone who has worked hard over the last few years to get this event to happen at Goanna Tracks.
Good for Bugaldie, Barradine and Coona and good to see another racetrack operating in NSW.