Author Topic: yz125c electrics  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: yz125c electrics
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 01:05:27 pm »
did you tell me about your falure rate ?? or are you just doing a dodgee on me....

i didnt think either were that bad really.

Was away in midura over the weekend for speedway, but the 125 is next on my list after i get back from the DTN
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mainline

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 06:34:11 pm »
Mainy
I have this one stashed away in my glory box that I could part with (bugger owes me a little though)

thanks for the offer Woody, but the bike is a racer (if you can call what I do racing ::)) rather than a full-on resto so it'd be wasted if I used it. Better off with someone like Tony if he's keen. Thanks again anyway.

As it turns out, Freaky was right, the brand spanking new MCS killswitch was a dud. Picked up a new one this arvo and the bike started and ran perfectly. So I used 35 yr old original electrics and the brand new component was the part that was f...cked. At least I didn't have to wash the bike when I got home.

Sorry Barsby, you'll have to wait till next year for me to do something stupid ;D

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »
Mate, that's a sh1t happens story if I've ever heard one  ;)
Do you happen to recall the name on the trophy ??
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 08:58:07 pm »
Mainy I know exactly what you mean. I bought a dud mcs CR replica kill switch recently. Took me a while to realise it after trying to kick the b*&^ over for a ages. Put a YZ one on that works like a dream.

pm sent to Tony
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts