Author Topic: IT advice...  (Read 1074 times)

Offline pmcburney

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
IT advice...
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »
I may have a lead on an '84 IT490.

I've seen pics of the bike and it will require a bit of work to restore to the point where I'd be happy (not concourse but near original and rideable) - especially in the area of plastics and decals, but I see DC is now making repros of both.

I have no idea of its mechanicals other than the current owner was riding it regularly before its layup a couple of years back.
It's filthy and seemingly unloved but under the dirt it looks like it could be quite good given the number of still in-place rubbers and bits and pieces.

My questions are:
How much is a 490 worth in a tatty but almost original, unrestored state?

I see Dead Dog had one advertised for $4500 just recently.
Could I offer as low as $1500 (there's scope for another two or three grand to be spent on it) or have they taken off a bit lately?

Ta
Paul

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:11:32 pm by pmcburney »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: IT advice...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 08:46:48 pm »
Everything has dropped in price lately, particularly the big bore 2-strokes (which were probably over-inflated).
Funnily enough, ITs seem to have dropped the least even they were arguably the most over-inflated...

What you've described sounds like ~$1500 worth, probably not more unless its something that you really want.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.