Author Topic: Slakewell’s CD8 Trip  (Read 750 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Slakewell’s CD8 Trip
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:30:07 pm »

Slakewell’s CD8 Trip
My CD8 trip started with a week off before hand which I spent the entire time getting my 77 KTM finished plus a few touches on my 81 KTM.

Rolled into CD8 Thursday night dropped of the two kato’s with Allan from Gazzi’s suspension and gave him a quick hand with a few tasks. Then back the pub, and good to see a few faces from last time we stayed there. Steve and Allision of course plus Gunner Lindstrom at the bar, Meet Stan S plus Roger (Doggy Digger ) who I haven’t really formally meet before, a huge drink started plus pool , then I discovered they had good Guinness on tap and it all fell apart from there. Sometime late in the evening the young lady asked us to go to bed which ended up being a wise move.
Thursday ended up being EPIC.
Friday set up camp and started to gawk at all the nice bikes, Klub Kevlar rolled in caught back up with Roger and then a few beers with Bernie and Firko. Chippy did some great sausages and rolls on the BBQ and the beers flowed if somewhat steady great all round catch up. Earlyish to bed as I was keen as to ride hard on Saturday and hoping like F**K for no rain.
Saturday morning and the rain still held off I suited up and got the 81 KTM out and hit the track as soon as I could. Did two big season’s and was worn out , then my only whinge of the weekend , I love the legends stuff but how come it takes so long to run it?  The Q&A is great but really why can’t it run at the end of day with a beer in hand?
To me we lost hours of good track time. I understand the Ambulance deal but yeah I was pissed off.
Rain and more rain I did 10 laps of the pre 78 course on my 77 and most guys were struggling to even get around the track by then. Back out on the main track for one last ride for day and called it quits as the track was not so good.
Saturday night was a blast , Chippy cooked some great roast pork AJ kidnapped Gunner and his wife and feed them in Klub Kevlar , the cocktails flowed and so did the rain people came and went the band was great and I think to me everyone was having a good time I drank far more than I should but I didn’t care I was with great friends.
Sunday I was little dusty, shame to watch most pack up and leave but I came to ride and back on the track I went. I ended up mostly on the pre 78 track as the main track seemed to me the need to be wetter or drier as it was just gluggy mud.
Sadly by lunch most had packed up and left a few more laps and then a big scary almost off saw me call it quits for ridding on the weekend. A nice quiet few beers round the fire with Brad Lewis saw the end to the weekend.
A big thanks to Chippy for his graceful hospitality and Firko for the cocktails.

Cheers Slake

Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Slakewell’s CD8 Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:35 pm »
Yes, it was a great weekend despite a few drops of water...my garden loves Conondale dirt being added to it...better than fertilizer.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.