Author Topic: GMC HL 500 For Sale  (Read 3201 times)

East Coast Maico

GMC HL 500 For Sale
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:12:21 am »
"Tim Taylor did most of the assembly and fabrication work for me. Frame is Geoff Morris Concepts (GMC) HL500 Replica #24 made in Australia. GMC provided the frame, swingarm, left hand stainless steel exhaust and polished alloy airbox and filter cage. Engine was built by Johnny Isaacs of Total Performance Racers who builds kickass flattrack engines and was originally installed in my old Dick Mann 500 but was freshened and moved into this bike to provide motive power. Tim Taylor did the assembly work and fabrication including lacing the Excel wheels with stainless spokes from Buchannan, freshening up the engine, rebuilding the Ohlin's shocks, paint and polish on all of the frame and engine bits, fabrication of the footpeg mounts and that super trick 6061 aluminum brake rod with heim-jointed aircraft control-rod style ends... Jerry Casciero sprayed the tank and Shorty did the seat for me... the trick CNC alloy bits for the valves, timing covers and oil filter cover and gas cap are all from Eric Harrison. Brian O'Connor helped with the final assembly and fettling of the side covers, pipe and airbox... I handled the check writing chores and hauling the pieces around to the all of the folks who made this bike come alive."

> > Link to photos - http://zeitgeist.smugmug.com/Motorcy...s/Yamaha-HL500
GMC Yamaha HL replica parts list (all prices AUD) http://www.qvmx.com/09-price_list-1.pdf
Engine build (so I was told, I have only seen the inside of the engine once but it is the strongest Yamaha 500 engine I have ever had and I have been thru a few of these)
High compression piston
White Bros. #2 cam
Carillo rod
Ported and polished intake and exhaust
Dual feed oil lines to valves
Electronic ignition

The rest of it includes...
Magura Controls
NOS Yamaha Cables
Pro-Taper bars
Excel Wheels with Buchannan SS spokes
Michelin M12/S12 tires
Ohlins Shocks
Billet aluminum alloy gas cap, timing cover, oil filter cover, and valve tappet covers
1978 YZ250 Forks with Pro-Tec spring kit
1978 YZ250 wheel hubs and brakes (SLS Front)
Stainless Steel engine fasteners
Stainless Steel footpegs
6061 Brake Rod with Stainless Steel heim jointed ends
Brand New bike . will ship any where $12000.00 USD .. thank you