Author Topic: VMX all too much for you ??  (Read 5990 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: VMX all too much for you ??
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 11:02:51 pm »
quote:OK,V4 2 stroke-sounds like a converted outboard engine,possibly direct injected. You need something like that in this application for it's power to weight ratio,or you'd have no useful endurance at all. But if he wants to go another step,the plated Wankels that are slated for the Moller Air Car would be a better option. Actually,I seem to recall that a similar vehicle using them has been looked at already.
Clever little dicks some of these Kiwi's, check out the late great John Britten's V twin Race bikes-possibly the only Motorcycle I'd ever have unprotected sex with.  :o

Best is in the West !!

Power Stand

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 11:55:59 pm »
quote:OK,V4 2 stroke-sounds like a converted outboard engine,possibly direct injected. You need something like that in this application for it's power to weight ratio,or you'd have no useful endurance at all. But if he wants to go another step,the plated Wankels that are slated for the Moller Air Car would be a better option. Actually,I seem to recall that a similar vehicle using them has been looked at already.
Clever little dicks some of these Kiwi's, check out the late great John Britten's V twin Race bikes-possibly the only Motorcycle I'd ever have unprotected sex with.  :o

This thing is powered by 4 CR500 barrels, there is a youtube clip with it on the dyno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceeyrmn2Pj4

What else would you use? Hate to see it with expansion chambers
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:26:45 am by Power Stand »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 12:16:33 am »
This thing it powered by 4 CR500 barrels, there is a youtube clip with it on the dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceeyrmn2Pj4
What else would you use? Hate to see it with expansion chambers

Stuffed if I know- I just like the bit about the Kiwis being clever dicks and the unprotected sex with that Britten bike  ;D  Anyway I dont see em racing here in the west in the near future..VMX will do and if that fails its on the ride-on lawnmowers we go  ;)  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:48 am »
lawnmower racing some will be on the today show this morning some time.they were filming at beenleigh show grounds some pretty powerful stuff got some photos on my phone will post when i get home tonight.350 twin 2 stroke powered pretty much a yamaha banshee converted to a lawn mower no suspension very low and very quick and also a four cylinder 4 stroke i think it was around 750cc powered :o i want one.cheers gary

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 01:05:44 pm »
What strange people would build 750+cc 4 cylinder off road machines?? Tim754

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:02:03 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 01:41:51 pm »
What strange people would build 750+cc 4 cylinder off road machines?? Tim754

Now aint that the NAKED truth   ;D  ;)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

DR

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 02:58:42 pm »
For the past 7 or 8 years I've been on my ride-on up to 6 days a week during summer months ::) Just purchased a brand new 15.5hp engine a couple of weeks back and not for what I'd call chicken feed :(  Enough time and money wasted on the bloody things already in my eyes. Like Bobcats and forklifts, good fun for a day or so but then the novelty wears off. Old dirt bikes, 40years+ and counting and I still can't get enough! No contest ;)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 03:15:38 pm »
Hmmm here is a thought for ya Doc...  a Suzi too.... :D

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 03:32:25 pm »
Not really a jet pack is it ? i mean its not running on jet fuel ?

its kinda like strapping a petrol powered ultralight to your back.

I wanna see the wooosh and the stream of vapour..............  ( but more that 26 sec worth.)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

DR

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 04:11:51 pm »
jeez Tim that's a bloody beauty! And a 2 smoker in stereo to boot ;D Alas, it would be a pain to get through the average garden gate which presents a major woe :( nice thought though thanks mate..I have my GTS185 twin sitting doing nothing :P

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 09:32:12 pm »
Here's a couple of shots from the lawnmower races yesterday.
The green mower in the photos is the one with some 4 cyl 4 stroke motor in it.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 11:02:21 pm »
Thanks oldskool for the pics,keen as mustard arent they  :P  ;D
Its always great to see some other form of entertainment/sport.
My mum always says to me "Bikes are so blokey".
My reply is,"Mum so is football (AFL)".
There are some wild women in football-crazy fans  :o ....anyway VMX will do me for the time being  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!