Author Topic: Yamaha XT/TT500 muster  (Read 4622 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Yamaha XT/TT500 muster
« on: October 29, 2009, 10:11:16 pm »
Is anyone going to the XT/TT muster next weekend?

The older I get, the faster I was

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha XT/TT500 muster
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 09:37:14 am »
Just spotted the add myself in VMX mag.. ;D
That's in the Barossa Valley SA- next door to Tony T..
Looks like it will be a good'n.  8) Alot like the XL a good reliable bike the TT500

www.keynetonmcc.asn.au
Best is in the West !!

TT

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 10:47:46 am »
Yep, I'll be there but only on Sunday. Work as usual on Saturday.............  >:(
Brent, give me a call or email and we'll work out where to meet up. I'm in Adelaide every day up until next Thursday so if I'm not around when you arrive I'll give you the details of how to get into my shed etc.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:42:14 am »
Flyer looks good Tony.  Actually seeing it up every where.

I have heard a lot of folks talking it up at a few of the last couple of meets, so you should get some good numbers, specially if its Wine weather :o0
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

TT

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 04:35:25 pm »
Thanks Freaky.
Graphic design is not my strong point, but I do it for free, so I guess you get what you pay for.  :D :D

Offline brent j

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 02:16:14 pm »
I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Adelaide while my wife is shopping and thinking about the muster on the weekend.

I had a ball riding in the non rego club day day on Sat and got to meet a few "web" people from different sites. The Event was great, well run by people who love XT/TT500's.

I recommend that anyone who is onto these bikes get along if they have the chance. Bikes ranged from far better than show room new to the other end of the scale, no one was made to feel left out if their bike didn't shine (thank god!!!)

And I must thank Tony T for looking after my bike and gear while we were in Adelaide. It made things so much easier to not have to worry about what was in the back of the ute.
And it was great to finally meet after using the same sites for about 7 years!

Thanks again to all concerned

Brent

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 02:23:09 pm »
Good on you Brent, 8)  don't ya love internet cafes and vmx traveling  :P.
Glad you & your wife had a great time on the muster 8)
enjoy
Best is in the West !!

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 12:05:33 pm »
I went down for both days of the muster. The trail ride lead by Shane Kraft on the Saturday was great fun. There were 10 of us on the ride, 9 on XT/TT500's and one modern XR650 Honda. The route was from Bethany across the Barrosa Valley to Eudunda, then out onto the flats and following the stock route towards Morgan, before turning to Blanchetown for a lunch break.  From Blanchtown we headed down the river road towards Swan Reach then turned off and head up to Cambrai for a refreshment stop at the local hotel. From there it was be back into the valley via Pine Hut road and back to Bethany. All up the total distance was about 250km.  The ride was on a mixture of graded dirt roads and two wheeled tracks, with the option of riding the bike tracks that parallel these roads. Non of the route will have any meaning to those who haven’t been to this area of SA before, but it was a great mixture of roads and terrain which was well suited to the bikes. So well done Shane.  The high temperature of 35C may have discouraged a few from comming out, and I will addmit it was a bit draining when you are trying to hustle a 500 Yamaha through the mallee scrub. I was also quite dusty, but this wasn't a hugh problem as all the riders kept a bit of distance.

A few pictures;.

The group on the ridgeline just before Eudunda

There is no fine site than a well ridden TT500 blasting through the mallee.

What are we going to do now? A bit of a problem when one of the bikes lost it's timing cap, and therefore all of it's engine oil. Solution, one ride goes to his home in Swan Reach for oil and to get a timing cap from another of his bikes. Shane stays with the rider, and the rest of head on to Cambrai pub to wait for them.

A perfect way to spend a Sunday, 53 XT/TT500 to look over, and some great people to talk too.

CJ

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:47:12 pm by Colj500 »
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 12:29:41 pm »
Looks like a great event. Thanks for the photos CJ; the one of the TT in the scrub is a beauty!

Tex

Offline brent j

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »
Back home and a day to rest. I had a ball at the meet and actually won two prizes, one for the longest ditance travelled which was a bit of a "gimme" really and one for best modified.

A big thank you to all who organised this event and again thanks to Tony T for your help

Hope to meet again

Brent

TT

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 08:47:18 pm »
It was a pleasure meet you and your lovely wife, Brent.
Sorry I couldn't do more for you.
Yep, definitely a great weekend (well, the half that I saw)
Make sure you keep buying VMX Magazine. There's a full report coming soon.  :)