Author Topic: Graeme. How hard would it be to incorparate instant messaging within forum?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
I know there are many sites for this but how hard would it be for if I notice someone is on line at the same time as me & I want to talk directly to them just, lets say, right click, or something, and "Ping" them.

I know at the moment if I click their user ID it takes me to their profile & I can PM them (I'm a bugger for not noticing them next to my messages) but I'm looking for something that just pops up & we can converse. We have this thing called communicator at work & it does just that.

So you can still be logging threads, replying, etc. but having a private chat at the same time? Maybe you could restrict it to ones that are on buddy lists?

Viper666
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
You can turn on an option in VB script that show the user has ICQ or MSN turn on
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Viper666

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC

Dont do ICQ or MSN
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Doubt it's possible in the forum, but there is such a thing on the Ning site. I turned that one off though cos it didn't take off. Still, might be possible to hunt something up, let me do some research.

Offline Viper666

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC

Thanks

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Yep that Ning had it, but no one ever answered when you Chatted them.

ITs funny when your on the forum and your trying to catch someone, you can see them online, but the only way to catch them is to PM them , but then you have to hope they refresh the page, open another and then bother to look up before they log out...............  so would be cool tool.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff