Author Topic: Modern day classics  (Read 6070 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Modern day classics
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 12:32:21 pm »
I like the Cannondale as something different and a bit rare in this country but have a feeling they will always be labelled a lemon and never really become collectible and valuable.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 01:09:46 pm »
I know that they are not a dedicated motocross bike but if we are talking modern as in current model dirt bikes, the Husaberg (or Hindenberg  ;); I like that  :D) 570s might well become a classic, as demand seems to be outstripping supply. Everyone that I have talked to that has ridden one seems to rave about them . Most bike magazines also rate them very highly , with ADB voting them bike of the year for a couple of years in a row now .
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:46:24 pm by Husky500evo »

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 01:24:20 pm »
Cannondale 440MX. You can pick 'em up for DT1 money on eBay.

Firko,
I think you'll find that of more recent times a bunch of Americans have already got the same idea and the "genuine" MX models are far from easy and cheap to come by nowadays. There are some less sought after ATK versions avaliable but the Canonndale MX models have become rather collectible. Have been searching for some time but only find the Enduro & Cross Country versions on e-bay and the various classified sites in the states. Regarding the "issues" with the machines, these have all but been fixed by the plethora of aftermarket companies primarly because the Quad versions continued for some time after the 2 wheeled versions and were very competitive against the offerings from the other manafactures at the time.

Rod
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 02:03:04 pm »
In 20 years time any four stroke that is still running will be collectable. ;D

Cannondales & Vertamati's would be on my list.
Being reliable or competitive isn't part of the equation for being collectable.

Mainstream bikes would be the last 2 stroke made, assuming that happens.
The first electric bikes would make collectables too as I’m sure that in years to come these will be refined to be a lot better than the current offerings
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Big John

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 03:32:32 pm »
I'll be getting the last YZ250 two stroke, when that day comes hopefully in many years time.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 07:09:33 pm »
That first shitbox CR250 alloy frame would be an interesting one.....but those CR's leading up to it where allright thanks to McGrath....Husky 610's....the first KTM 520's.....the new KTM 350 thats designed by Stefun Everts....
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.