Author Topic: About time i did this  (Read 1552 times)

TM BILL

About time i did this
« on: February 16, 2008, 01:24:04 pm »
Hi my name is william (Bill) Doe AKA TM BIll AKA whos that arseole AKA real Racer
I live in the central north island of NZ with my Georgeous & understanding girlfriend Valeria and our kids .
I run a towing company and between tows i collect vmx bikes.

I prefer the era upto & including 1980 (twinshocks ) but appreciate the later stuff to particulary factory bikes.

Weaknesses are Beautifull women , Trade me & Ebay , unfinished projects and i become an instant bullshitter (just add alchohol  :D)

Pet hates are Cheats , Greenies , teenagers, & inflexible people.

Been passionate about motorcycles (particularly Dirtbikes ) since early seventies , First bike was a BSA Bantam that i raced in schoolboy scrambles in the UK, followed by a converted Yamaha AT1 followed by a sucsession of RM 125s.

Growing up my heros were (and still are ) My Dad , Roger Decoster, Joel Robert, Graham noyce, Harry Everts & Martin Christie.

Growing up in the Uk i was fortunate to attend many GPs and major events. As a competitor i make a great spectator but the passion runs deep.

Shifted to New Zealand in the early 80s (best bloody move iv'e ever made) and found trail riding and Enduros and club MX at a higher standard than the UK.

I have 2 beautifull daughters the oldest of witch has raced MX on & off since the age of 5 and now occasionally Pilots my KX 250 A5 at VMX meets.

About 8 yrs ago i thought life was pretty complete  :)
Then i found Vintage MX  :o holy shit that was it ;D bought an RM 125s with a TM 125 motor in it with great intentions to restore and race ;D Naturally that project is still on the 2 do list .

Bought a Race ready TM 125 and went racing WAY COOL  8)
The Tm was followed by a 250 then a spare 125 then another 125s and a 125B a KX250 A5 a KX250 A4 etc etc until there was about 40 of the buggers in the shed  :D
Im currently trying to consiidate the fleet but you try and choose who stays & who goes  :-\

Apart from the awsome bikes and the great tracks the best part of VMX for me is THE PEOPLE  ;D VMX opens doors and unites all .
I have been lucky enough to travel the length & bredth of this land and had severall visits to the great Southern land all VMXing and have yet to go to a bad event or meet a misserable bugger.
VMX for me is a Haven from the modern PC gone mad world and long shall it remain :)

There is always a van , bike ,  Beer and a bed for any visiting vmxer  :)

Look forward to meeting those of you i haven't met at CD 5 .
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 02:32:08 pm by TM BILL »

firko

Re: About time i did this
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 01:44:17 pm »
Good on you Bill...It goes without saying that you and the Italian Princess are once again invited into the Kevlar Kompound at CD5 for as Many Kozels and Margaritas as your liver can handle. Of course you're welcome to ride many of the 30 plus bikes we'll have there this year. There will even be a couple of Suzukis to satisfy your Hamamatsu fetish!