Author Topic: Song writing at its best.  (Read 2945 times)

monaro308

Re: Song writing at its best.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 05:40:12 pm »
Firko,trust me its piss taking at its best ;D
It makes me sad the way music has gone the last few years or more.
Yep production crews and media spin will sell you a shit song,writing, etc.
I see it first hand being that Gabriella Cilmi (sweet about me)is my sister's niece(on my bro inlaws side)
Watching her grow up from singing as a 12 y/old with a voice of an adult singing blues songs and Led Zeplin songs then being moulded into a bluesy very good first album.
Another management comes in and changes her mould into an angry i'm a grown up adult  " I am a woman" song which does very well,but its a style she doesn't want to do....at 17.
Then they get her in FHM mag and do a shoot,low and behold,they airbrush and photoshop topless shots of her to sell mags and up her image....at 18 ::)even though the photo shoot was not topless.
She's given the management of Island records the flick,hoping to get back to doing what she wants...blues and rock.
She writes the songs which give her full royalties to the music and then management will sit her with 3 members of the record company and change a couple of lines in the lyrics.
This hands over 3/4 of royalties to the record company and you become a puppet for them.

At least the Monkey(or their makers) made songs that actually sounded good...not like the trash that around these days.

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 08:37:00 pm »

oldfart

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 08:43:39 pm »
Nah not for me  ...rather listen to " Stevie Nicks any day of the week.

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 09:44:36 pm »
hey monaro!  i was telling my 15 yr old daughter tonight about this website and how you sucked me in to watching the you tube clip. anyway she said what is the song and when i told her she just cracked up laughing cause apparently its a big deal cause its getting bagged by all the kids on facebook etc about how bad it is! and she could not believe it had reached us old blokes!

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »
stevie nicks has had a lot more experience than the girl in my video.the one in the video is only 16 and no singing lessons whatsoever thats my daughter.yeah stevie nicks is much better but im still proud of her.she has just been sent some songs from a local band that do weddings and play in clubs around se queensland and the gold coast.they want her to learn them as they've heard her sing and are looking for a female singer.cheers gary