Author Topic: new cz still in box  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: new cz still in box
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:44:43 am »
Thats cool....any genuine CeeZee nutter would have to be keen on that 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

mx250

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:48:47 am »
Tell me, why would anyone bid at $520? Do they think they'll 'get lucky'? Do they think that's the value or near value? What are they thinking? Are they thinking? Are they trying to scare off other bidders? ::).

I reckon it should go into a museum as a display 'as is' ;) 8).

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:40:12 am »
There in lies the question.What do you do if you win it?If it goes for a reasonable price you'd bust it outta the frame and get it going for the track.If its expensive I suppose you'd keep it as is and hope the price increases over the next few years but what will it be worth in 10 or 20 yrs?Will anyone want it then?Get it out and get it on track I reckon there's enough of these in museums already!

firko

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 10:01:55 am »
All it is at the moment is a big nic-nac usable only as a conversation starter and space taker-upper in the shed. A mate of mine bought a NOS boxed 410 AJS Stormer a few years ago and at first it was a cool thing to show off to guests. After a couple of years he'd got a bit tired of it taking up the space of two bikes so he decided to put it together and ride it. Another mate bought a NOS '73 CR250 Elsinore from a collector back in the early 90's. He immediately started racing the bike and still does to this day. The moment that bike turned its first divot of dirt at Dargle, its value halved and it became just another Elsinore. Same with the AJS.
The downside of this is that whoever pays top dollar for the CZ may eventually go through the same situation as my friends did. Once assembled and ridden the bike becomes just another '73 CZ, if you keep it as is it becomes a very expensive dust catcher. Not much of a choice in my opinion.

mx250

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:45 am »
Sold at $8700US - which I would have thought was on the cheap end of the scale :-[.

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:02:51 am »
The thing with collectables is the number of items to be collected remains either the same or becomes less over time.The amount of collectors increases over time.However if the item is being collected for nostalgic reasons then the amount of collectors become less.A case in point:I had an old A.J.S I was very proud of,but to my suprize a lot of younger people asked me what an A.J.S was.Further bikes dont seem to have that middle period any more;they are either new or near new or vintage.paul.
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:27 am »
with things the way they are in US seller should be reasonably happy.