Author Topic: What's it worth  (Read 3711 times)

Re: What's it worth
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 09:29:31 pm »
Problem may be that you have fallen into the same trap as a lot of us have. Starting too many projects and not finishing any. It's even worse when you throw money at a few and still not get anywhere. I go through stages when I spend heaps of hours over weeks in the shed and then not even open the door for weeks.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 09:43:41 pm »
I try to forget I have the others and do one at a time, I will buy spares and new parts for bikes I have but I just put them away for when I am doing that bike if you sell all your bikes you will regret it surely there is one that you really like out of them.
1971 tm400 and PE's

maicoman

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 10:10:10 pm »
Problem may be that you have fallen into the same trap as a lot of us have. Starting too many projects and not finishing any. It's even worse when you throw money at a few and still not get anywhere. I go through stages when I spend heaps of hours over weeks in the shed and then not even open the door for weeks.

Very true what you're saying. I do have a habit of starting to many projects and quite often run into trouble with money or a part NLA. The problem is my bikes owe me nothing. I picked most of them up when they were not sort after or were just diregarded. But today they are to hard to replace regardless of the condition.
  I try to keep all the money going in one direction but there always seems to be parts popping up that I know are sought after. Dam Ebay! I guess if I was going to keep any then it would be the Maico's. My 490 has been with me for a long time. The old girl got me to Kandos and back even with a broken rear hub, broken pipe and no brakes, but she wouldn't die. I owe it a chance to run again.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 10:16:26 pm »

Amen to that.

I dragged a couple of project cars around with me for years, because "if I sell this one, I'll never be able to afford another one". Ended up selling them and haven't missed them for a second - and the money came in handy (even though I'd now struggle to tell you where I spent it....).
Did the same with the project/un-used bikes recently as you probably saw, and had the same complete lack of regret.

Could be interested in the Kawis, depending on all of the usual...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.