Author Topic: Nice Beeza  (Read 1870 times)

mainline

Re: Nice Beeza
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:19:00 am »
i'm not sold on the tan seat yet, but it is a really nice bike. I like the idea of the doodad he's made to retain the rear brake lever.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 12:01:21 pm »
Ya gotta love a good Cheney.

Yep ,,though hill climbs neve took off in Australia did they ?
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:47:53 pm »
Yep ,,though hill climbs neve took off in Australia did they?
My old club Annandale-Leichardt ran a one off American Widowmaker style hillclimb at Wandandian back in the early 70's. I remember that it was the only event that I ever raced my Maico 350 and RT1MX on the same program....I put a headlight and tail light on the Yammy and ran in the trailbike class and rode the Maico in the big boy class. Naturally, I looped both bikes out and got a bit hurt ::). Unfortunately the club never ran the event again and that type of event never really caught on in Australia.
The Brit Red Marley style hillclimb really appeals to me though. Surely in there's a grassy hill somewhere in this great land of ours that would suit an event like that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2BHmV3WBo
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:08:38 pm by firko »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:12:46 pm »
Surely in there's a grassy hill somewhere in this great land of ours that would suit an event like that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2BHmV3WBo

I have a facebook US friend (He's amazed at out ozvmx scene) He runs in these kinds of events and also some monster F truck mud miles - real macho men  ::)   ;D 
VMXWA ran a Hill Climb once -though it poured and poured with rain and of course the winner was the bike we are discussing(BSA).
Then again I suppose we are already tough enough in Oz ,so have nothing more to prove with bone breaking hill climbs  ;)   ;D
Thanks A

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:54:49 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 05:21:29 pm »
In the video in Firko's post, 8.06 watch the forks flex when he hits the ground.

It is one hell of a jump though

Brent
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:42:59 pm by brent j »
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
formerly Marc.com

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 07:34:11 pm »
The mx side of it got called off a few weeks beforehand when Jimmy Aird had to withdraw due his mother ending up in hospital

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 08:35:02 pm »
Love the youtube footage.
Scratch races up a big hill with a monster jump near the top, there are some seriously classic bikes being ridden and getting some serious air to boot.
Great to see the Grasstrackers in the mix, and not to shabby either, getting air with only 2 inches of suspension travel.

TM BILL

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 09:38:20 am »
Slidey i think a grasstracker has won the outright last couple of years  :)

firko

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 10:47:24 am »
I've seen the Hagon Jawa that won in a magazine, possibly CDB. It's fitted with CZ motocross forks and 21" front wheel and decent modern rear shocks. It's set up like a slider/drag bike with motocross suspension. Trick thing.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »
Proserpine Club runs a Hill Climb each year, just out near Dow's Creek. spent a few years catchin those on the return journey, not a great career choice.
Rosco86