Author Topic: Handsome  (Read 1316 times)

TM BILL

Handsome
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:37:08 am »
Heres a handsome swinging arm for a TM  :o

Anyone know what brand  ???

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Suspension/auction-351816718.htm

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Handsome
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:50:01 am »
Bought it yet Bill? ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:51:17 am »
Not even if i won the lottery  ::) the handsomeness of it aside im not sure it would fit a TM 250 as they are solid between the frame , this has a spacer  ???

Anyway Davey boy i no longer own any TM 250s (a few parts left ) after owing 3 of them and trying to covince myself that i could make them turn (aftersomone had lifted them off the stand for me  ::)) i gave up and bought KXs of the same era  ;D

Thats it  :o i think that arm will fit the 74,75,76 KX 250  ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:01:41 am by TM BILL »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:00:02 am »
Is it something like PDQ or T&M engineering that made those arms?

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:04:21 am »
Come on now Kiwi Joe Bugner......we all know your into VMX fetishes.....be quick before Marc buys it and bores the shit out of us with another Frankensozk.....I wont be able to take it.....I'll be off to our fisherman friend "DJ's holiday home at Lake Alice.......aaarrrgghhh.....save me and the VMX world from another criminal act against another peice of history!!! ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 08:45:13 am »
I need to know what the overseas debt is first  ;D before i can commit  ;) Marcs already got one for his 75 KX  :)

Daughter #2 is off to the UK to join daughter #1 via a week in the big apple so the racing budget has been trimmed  :D

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 10:01:38 am »
Looks a lot like a Boyd and Stellings I saw for a CZ,Firko???

firko

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 10:32:24 am »
Yep it's a later version of a Boyd and Stellings swingarm, made after Larry Boyd got out of the bike business. A few different firms continued the line such as A&A and US Sport. This design was the first commercially available aftermarket alloy swingarm...circa 1969.
If all of that fugly gusseting was removed you'd have a trick and nice looking swingarm. It's apparent that they've gusseted it to allow for the extra loads of forward mounting......you wouldn't need it on a stock layout TM250. I haven't got the gussetting on my 350 Maico B&S swingarm and it's still straight after being there for over ten years. Ditto my Boyd and Stellings TM400. It's the gusseting that's ugly on this swingarm, not the swingarm itself. With a little bit of grinder work and a clean up you'd have a trick bit of motocross history on your TM. The only thing I don't like is the price :-\.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:06:23 am by firko »