Author Topic: Billet wheels on a flat tracker  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Billet wheels on a flat tracker
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:25:16 pm »
 To me it is just cruiser/chopper puss...  >:(Whats wrong with shiny chrome or even dull steel spokes??. Waste of a neat period frame. Cheers Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:12:29 am »
i think bryan was just mocking it up for a parts sale, he builts very tasty bikes and thats not his style.

Id say they where all sat together just to sell, things seem to sell better in situ than a foto of a pile in the floor. And those god alful rims usually adorn later model rotax or even TT's, not little cc bikes
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:54:32 pm »
Those wheels suck. That's a nice price for the Knight frame. A well known Wollongong vintage racer has just bought in a nice Knight Rotax 600 with all of the bells and whistles. It's not vintage legal but it's a sweet little bike. I've just picked up some genuine Barnes hubs for my Trackmaster Benelli project so, as soon as the Hindall, Cheney and Trials bike are done I'll get back into it. I'm also onto a 465 Yamaha powered '76 Astro that may end up in my shed if the planets align correctly. Even though they don't suit our tracks, American style flat trackers are still cool.
Although it's not the actual bike, this Knight Rotax is virtually identical to the one recently imported