Author Topic: Weslake Healey ..too cool.  (Read 2513 times)

firko

Weslake Healey ..too cool.
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:03:35 am »
Over the years we've had criticism from certain quarters about the occasional topic deviation into such evil subjects as politics, football and (gasp!!!) cars. To those who dislike the occasional car thread, if you don't find this car the coolest of cool yet find Suzuki footpeg discussions riveting, you have no soul 8).
This Austin Healey presses all of my buttons, to me it's got everything that I want from my cars and bikes, aesthetic beauty, serious horsepower and a hot rod soul. I wish I could afford it. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=320623312996&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:AU:1120

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Weslake Healey ..too cool.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:29:06 am »
I'm right there with you Firko! I had a BN1 Healy in about '67. Unfortunately I bought it on the rebound after finding it impossible to by a BN2 which I wanted but in those days it was impossible to get finance for a private sale, so i ended up buying a money pit from a dealer. But on a good day I loved it.Cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

mx250

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 11:45:42 am »
I would buy that except the steering wheel is on the wrong side  ::).

;D, very cool. Thanks for the link/'heads up' :).

TooFastTim

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:58:32 pm »
That is beautiful. The lines are so clean.

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 03:32:14 pm »
Damn glad I'm not wearing tracky dacks!  That Healey does things to a man's soul...
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:37:05 pm »
Dam fine motor car firko , my first was a bug eye not quite as cool but I loved it allways regret selling it
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline giler

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 08:45:23 pm »
That is stunning! My father used to own a 100 Six before I was born.
On my lottery wish list.
We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 03:10:03 pm »
Jebus Firko they cost more than a EX wife  ;D
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

mx250

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 03:18:16 pm »
Bidding has ended:$100,000  :o ::) :-[

mainline

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 07:41:08 pm »
all good except for the auto ::) ;D

I lusted after a bn1/bn2 for years, and went to look at a couple in the early 90's before I got distracted by other things. Both models had drivetrains lifted straight from the BMC parts bin and the bn1's were basically running a taxi setup including the gearshift coming up from the left hand side regardless of whether the car was lh or rh drive. The BN2 had a better gearbox among other things.

Over the years we've had criticism from certain quarters about the occasional topic deviation into such evil subjects as politics, football and (gasp!!!) cars. To those who dislike the occasional car thread, if you don't find this car the coolest of cool yet find Suzuki footpeg discussions riveting, you have no soul 8).

A six degrees of separation deal for you Firko. A Healey book I have has an old auto magazine article in it covering a transplant of a 260 V8 into a 53 BN1, probably pre-dating the tranplant done to the ebay car. The work was done by Max Balchowski, who also did the suspension beef-up work required for the Mustangs used in Bullitt, starring none other than Steve McQueen, old bike enthusiast, and therefore this car post is completely relevant to a VMX site ;D

I tried following a genuine 100S back from the Leyburn Sprints a few years back while driving a mate's Datsun Fairlady ;D I couldn't keep up for the life of me, and my mate nearly had his feet pushed through the floorpan in terror (brakes weren't as good as they could have been ;D)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:49:32 pm by mainline »

firko

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 10:08:33 pm »
A six degrees of separation deal for you Firko. A Healey book I have has an old auto magazine article in it covering a transplant of a 260 V8 into a 53 BN1, probably pre-dating the tranplant done to the ebay car. The work was done by Max Balchowski, who also did the suspension beef-up work required for the Mustangs used in Bullitt, starring none other than Steve McQueen, old bike enthusiast, and therefore this car post is completely relevant to a VMX site
That six degrees turn to four Paul....My mate Charlie Forrest scored a 100/4 fitted with a 272 Cusso and Jag Moss 4 speed in a swap for his nicely modded 186 powered FJ and a garbage bag full of medicinal herbs back in the late seventies. The conversion was an angle iron and stick welded roughy but Charlie cleaned it up and it turned out a neat little car that he drove almost daily for years. He's still got it and is hoping to get it back on the road with original 4 cylinder power (but with a Shorrock blower) sometime soon.

Max Balchowski is a legend! I actually saw nearly all of his Ol' Yella sports cars race at the Laguna Seca Classic event in 1979 where the 'American Special" was the feature and fell in love with O'l Yella VIII. He and TV Tommy Ivo were the kings of Nail Head Buick development in the 50's/60/s.
(O'Yella VIII)

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:06:12 am »
YAWN.  I am expecting an FX4 thread now...