Author Topic: Dack's bike ?  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Dack's bike ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:44:50 pm »
Apart from Dack stamped on the barrell nothing else looks even closely like ex Yamaha bikes
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:06:20 pm »
Apart from Dack stamped on the barrell nothing else looks even closely like ex Yamaha bikes

Your kiddin aren't you look at the swing arm then take a look at a std one?

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:24:51 pm »
Dack A is on the crankcase where the engine #would normally be not the barrel,I seem to recall one of Dackas ex racebikes being knocked off a while back,I think it was in his raceshop office on display,from memory it was painted up in peter jackson race team colours.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:27:07 pm »
The rims are the right colour for a p.j.bike!

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:42:38 pm »
Could be his old bike:

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 05:29:20 am »

Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 10:56:44 am »
Dack's real bike missing the works style swingarm strange!

firko

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 12:04:38 pm »
To settle this, I sent it on to Craig Dack to see what he has to say about the bike.
Here's his reply and my initial email
Hi Craig,

Just a quick one for you. Is the following bike being offered up on eBay one of your old Peter Jackson bikes? The personalised engine ID, blue wheels and trick swingarm offer some clues but I figured you'd be the bloke who'd know better than most. I hope alls well.
                                                                                           Best wishes,
                                                                                                              Firko                                                                                                                                     

Hi Mate,
We have been testing all week and have just had a look at the banter, etc going about the my YZ…s
I still have the Peter Jackson bike in my workshop so it’s not stolen… All I can imaging it was one of my old bikes the team had sold at the end of our use. If you could let your reader know that it would be appreciated and thanks to all of them as well

Thank you for looking out for me.
                   Kind Regards
           Dacka

So...from that it appears that it may indeed be a Peter Jackson team bike.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 06:40:50 pm »
dunno where i got the idea he had a bike stolen,must be the drugs,sorry :-[,looks like all the fruit was taken off the bike before they sold it as the bike displayed in the pics hoony posted has got some trick components!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 06:52:50 pm »
I waonder if Dack was still using an Answer Roost Boost then :)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022