Author Topic: digital  (Read 1821 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
digital
« on: October 31, 2010, 08:30:36 pm »
Went into Harvey Norman yesterday and asked for a camera under $100. Got one for $87. I can work it so far and will suit me fine. Of course I had to spend $30 more for batteries and some card thing looks like belonging to a mobile phone. Its a Sony and has 10.1 mega pixies [or something] and other funny thingoes. When I feel like being a photographer I'll leave this one home and drag out my circa 1937 [same as me] Leica. Cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: digital
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 09:15:23 pm »
poncho if you have problems with it, give it to your grandkids they will show you it works.

TT

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 09:20:26 pm »
That got my attention!  :D
What have you got Pancho? Is it a Leica III?
Gotta love a classic Leica.

btw They're worth bugger all, but if you want to sell it, I'll help you out and take it off your hands..........  ;)   :D :D :D

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 11:15:30 am »
Tony , its a Leica 111, yes. Not chrome but black body with the original Elmar 3.5 lens. I also have a beaut Elmar 3.5 tele  lens 135mm which is as sharp as a tack.For the first time in years I have just put a film in it and taken a few shots.Funny thing is I got out my less- old Hanimex Seconic light meter, took a reading after remembering how it worked! and then I think I forgot to make the necessary adjustments to the shutter and aperture! I wont know till I have the film processed. cheers pancho.

firko

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:41:32 am »
I've got an old Kodak Retinette 1A which I think may have been made by Leica in Germany? That old camera served me for years until I turned Japanese and bought a Minolta SR-T101 in the late seventies. That lasted me 10 years until I got a bells and whistles Pentax which was stolen out of my car at the Condo vintage motocross in the mid 90s. After that it's been Canon EOS all the way from my original EOS 650 right up to my current 500D and 350D. I've also got a beut little 10mp Kodak pocket camera so I've gone back to my original manufacturer in one big circle  ;D.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:39 pm »
I recon a smallish Leica brand camera in a fancy fitting leather case was dumped with some other trash (Like a 1970s still working Polaroid instant with bugger me unused film packs!!) at my work* on Saturday , I have tossed it in the  "pretty useless crap but its clean " bin will dig it out on Wednesday for another look for ya's. Tim754
*A rubbish and recycling transfer dump ::)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:28:26 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 11:02:25 pm »
Well Tim how'd you go? Did you rat through the bin for a satisfactory result?
cheers pancho.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 11:04:00 pm »
Nice case ,very very sad camera inside >:( was actually corroded and rusted! salt maybe?
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.