Author Topic: Harrow Vinduro meeting  (Read 11527 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Harrow Vinduro meeting
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 09:07:24 am »
Excellent news! Thanks for the update, Geoff.

Thanks for the photo too.................  ::)
I've got one of you too, ya know.  :D
My finger is hovering over the 'Post' button.  ;)

Just something to keep in mind Tony
That photo was in a sequence of 14
 :D ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

TT

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 09:13:28 am »
Mmmmmmm........... I think you may have bought my silence...........  ;)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 09:15:35 am »
BTW, will you have any photos for sale?
As apposed to paying for photo's to be destroyed

TT

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 09:20:50 am »
Yeah, I'll try and go through them tonight and get them up.
I'l post a link when done.

EBT

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 12:38:23 pm »
We have over 150 shots on the forum now,,,,we were very sad to here about Lochie Turner I rang Drakie to confirm the news and sure enough things were all true,,,it was good to here from Peter Ellard on our forum this morning that Lochie is now concious we wish you all the best Lochie.

Mick & Sue

endurobiketalk
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:07:12 pm by EBT »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 10:36:26 am »
It's been great that many have been worried about Lochies welfare but the Hospital has asked if people can stop calling for the moment please.
Seems young Lochie has achieved cult status and the Hospital has been swamped with calls.
Lochie isn't able to take calls for the moment.
We will endeavour to keep you informed of his progress.

sab

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:05 am »
more photos @ bikechatendurovinduro.com.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 11:36:14 am »
Gday all. Reading through what all you guys had to say about the event makes it all the easier to help with setting up these events. The smiles, laughter and tall tales all make these events such a great place to be. Peter Drakeford did a fantastic of organising each days work. I know for a fact that there were 2 days at least when Drakey came in after dark, starting around 8am!The CSC sent a whole troop of helpers to Harrow to try our best to make Harrow the best vinduro it could be. I think we suceeded going by what you guys, the riders, have to say. Still, its pretty hard to fail when you have such an enthuisiastic township, an amazingly dedicated landowner and for once, fantastic weather.
The special test open track on Saturday was a big hit. The conditions were absolutely primo with zero dust and nice little berms formed all over the place. Anyone who wants to have the pleasure of ridng this awesome natural terrain track at least twice a year will have to get a Pre 75 weapon and join the Classic Scramble Club Inc.
The sight of all the bikes glistening in Parc ferme' on Saturday night was almost surreal. Almost like flicking through 70`s and 80`s editions of Trail and Track. The only thing missing was my 79 XR500. Still, with no airbox and a unifilter, I reckon some of the "little" creek crossings could have been a drama for the old girl. Hell, there was one that caught my Husaberg by the short and curlies! I didnt drown it, but it had to carried out! We promptly put a diversion around that 1 after a few bike drownings. It was weird really. Most of the crossings stood up really well and didnt get too deep, but this particular crossing swallowed the 'berg to the backbone, just below the filter.
Hats off to all the guys and girls who managed to complete a loop. It was a very challenging and demanding course, even on a modern bike.
I`ll be there next year for sure. Hopefully with a well sorted something or other.

Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 05:08:59 pm »
I reckon some of the "little" creek crossings could have been a drama for the old girl. Hell, there was one that caught my Husaberg by the short and curlies! I didnt drown it, but it had to carried out! We promptly put a diversion around that 1 after a few bike drownings. It was weird really. Most of the crossings stood up really well and didnt get too deep, but this particular crossing swallowed the 'berg to the backbone, just below the filter.

Sounds like the crossing that I helped some bloke extract his Maico from!

Tex

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 05:44:12 pm »
good old lochlan turner, some news from the drake, he has a broken shoulder and rib, so he is on the mend. :)

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 05:53:03 pm »
Well after a 2500km round trip Harrow was worth every kilometer I drove, and if Peter said it was on this weekend I would be on my way and driving back down again. The atmosphere was fantastic and waking up in the morning in the fog and then going down to the parc ferme it was like stepping back in time just like the Welsh 2 day international. There were lots of different bikes presented and didnt seem to matter what you were riding because everyone had a smile from cheek to cheek. The special test track was perfect and when I ran out of petrol I just went back and got another bike until I run completely out  of petrol, I must thank Peter and Christian for supplying me with another twenty litres. The enduro loops were spot on not to hard and not to easy. I would like to thank Steve Jurzas and Peter Drakeford for 2 spectacular crashes in front of me and am surprised that they weren't laying next to Lachie in the ambulance. I would also like to thank Lachie for the use of his property and look forward to returning next year, and wish him a speedy recovery from his accident. Thanks to all the helpers and towns folk who made us feel very welcome, the meal in the pub Saturday night was fantastic. All the photos and comments for the event have been great. Well done Peter and all that were associated with event.
One more thing if you were thinking of doing the event and you didn't don't be so stupid next year as the Nike ad go's " JUST DO IT"!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 01:05:26 pm »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 09:28:49 pm »
The cats out the bag now, all riders will be heading off to a VINDURO.......
There I was picking up the latest Nov/Dec issue of Old Bike Australasia,flicking through the page I spotted our crew on page 88.    names like Roger,Steve,Peter,Royal Enfield,Tony,Mick,Lachie(how is he?) and Barry..
WHHOOOpppppeeee....They got in the magazine..  :o   ;D 
Well done-ya gotta love Australia   
cheers west side
Best is in the West !!