Author Topic: Can I fit my bikes in the back of a troop carrier  (Read 3386 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Can I fit my bikes in the back of a troop carrier
« on: August 13, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »
Assembled  ;)

Is it tall enough in the back to fit a bike (or maybe 2)?

Looking at a landcruiser troop carrier as a bike transport/ Bike carrier.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

ted

Re: Can I fit my bikes in the back of a troop carrier
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »
No problem, Your bikes are still in bits...just chuck the bits in.....haha ( fair dinkum, you are the slowest builder known to man...Hilly was right )

Cheers Water Boy

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 06:49:05 pm »
Do it! I have used my Troopy for the same purpose for around 10 years. Use a tie-down to pull the forks down as far as possible and the front will sneak in no probs, with the rear following without incident. Mine is the 6 seater variant, so I use the rear seat mounts and bolt in some angle brackets with D shackles attached for tie down points (see attached image). The front wheel then slides into the gap between the two front seats. Easy peasy.
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 07:00:45 pm »
Bugger off Ted  ;D ;D ;D  I have some bikes actually assembled.  Enough to need a bike hauler anyway.  Thanks Tee bone.  I was thinking when I go on my own I can just chuck a bike in the back and when I go with the family I can tow a trailer no probs.  I'd also be able to take all my friends to meetings......  Oh hang on  ::) ;D

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

ted

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 07:04:58 pm »
Your family, yourself and all your bikes in a troopy......arrrr.... room for friends. Lucky you got none...hehe

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 07:17:07 pm »
It's either a Troopie, an 80 series GXL Landcruiser or a Nissan Patrol.  The last 2 will need a trailer every time (Captain Obvious)