Author Topic: are there too many class's in VMX  (Read 25061 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: are there too many class's in VMX
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2010, 06:10:05 pm »
I understand what you're saying Firko.
I'm in favour of splitting the Nats and combining the weak classes if it'll make way for longer moto's and the sooner the better IMO.
Then the National Titles might be more worthy of their name.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2010, 06:25:17 pm »
I'll have to give you that one Graham,

I guess other people can say what i thinking and their visionaires! ::)

Cheers Worms, I'm sure i beat you in 1 race at the Nats Graham?

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2010, 06:34:54 pm »
If you did I would be quite happy for a rematch at Harrisville next weekend,  Was I on my road bike or TT ?
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2010, 06:42:41 pm »
It was the pre78 open class, the rematch will have to wait till next year, I'm on a 2 day enduro ride to Kilkevian and back, start at my back door and finish there, 540klm round trip of the best single lane forrest trails about. I'm in training for the next 3 lap National races ;D.

have a fat time at harrisville

Cheers Worms

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2010, 07:31:13 pm »
here here -----unless the Nats split goes ahead, we're pretty much stuck to what we've got.

There is no need for any more posts in this thread.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2010, 07:37:51 pm »
Oldfart, Allison and everybody else - sorry Firko is right.  Lets just say the leader crosses the line at the 15 minute mark - he gets one lap to go - laps are (for sake of arguing) 3 minutes long - therefore the front runner will cross the line (god willing) 15 minutes + 3 minutes meaning 18 minutes.  However if tail end charlie is 2 minutes behind the leader (but not lapped) then he does 2 more minutes before getting one lap to go then has to do the final lap meaning 15 + 2 + 3 = 20 minutes - meaning you cannot start the next race until he finishes - well behind the leader.  Yes races are won by first cross the line - but races are finished by last cross the line.

I cannot believe you are even arguing about that - it is a simple fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whilst I am having my rant - I cant see the point in arguing whether a race is held in laps or minutes - because at the end they both come back to the same thing - 5 lap races take x minutes and x minutes is just that!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2010, 07:49:08 pm »
all you guys crack me up  ;D ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2010, 11:01:06 pm »
Oldfart, Allison and everybody else - sorry Firko is right.  Lets just say the leader crosses the line at the 15 minute mark - he gets one lap to go - laps are (for sake of arguing) 3 minutes long - therefore the front runner will cross the line (god willing) 15 minutes + 3 minutes meaning 18 minutes.  However if tail end charlie is 2 minutes behind the leader (but not lapped) then he does 2 more minutes before getting one lap to go then has to do the final lap meaning 15 + 2 + 3 = 20 minutes - meaning you cannot start the next race until he finishes - well behind the leader.  Yes races are won by first cross the line - but races are finished by last cross the line.

I cannot believe you are even arguing about that - it is a simple fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whilst I am having my rant - I cant see the point in arguing whether a race is held in laps or minutes - because at the end they both come back to the same thing - 5 lap races take x minutes and x minutes is just that!

well dont ask me to be finish/start line again on club day or you'll end up doing one extra lap for the hell of it................... ::)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2010, 11:15:53 pm »
I cant see the point in arguing whether a race is held in laps or minutes - because at the end they both come back to the same thing - 5 lap races take x minutes and x minutes is just that!

The point is that if a lap of a particular track takes 1:30, and a lap of another track takes 3:30, then saying "five laps" gives wildly different outcomes depending on which venue you're at.

It's the one point that The Worm has consistantly made sense on.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2010, 11:38:17 pm »
I cant see the point in arguing whether a race is held in laps or minutes - because at the end they both come back to the same thing - 5 lap races take x minutes and x minutes is just that!
The point is that if a lap of a particular track takes 1:30, and a lap of another track takes 3:30, then saying "five laps" gives wildly different outcomes depending on which venue you're at.
It's the one point that The Worm has consistantly made sense on.

so the answer to WORMS question is yes there are too many class's in VMX for a Nats ..split them and good nite   ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2010, 11:54:50 pm »
A fascinating thread--most makes sence--none feasible unless the Nats are split ,or classes dropped ,or go to a 4 day Nats.
This forum  and various referendums taken ,pit talk ,etc suggest overwhelmingly that the majority favours splitting the Nats.The forum is a great way to air ideas and circulate information ,however that's all it is ,a forum.
If 10% of the time & energy spent on these posts was expended ensuring our clubs & state bodies followed the proceedures [and followed through] ,the main issues would have been resolved months ago.
For your interest the Panpac Masters MX is being run on a time plus 1 lap system so programn can be better managed.Pre78 & earlier 6 min plus 1 lap [about 8-9 mins for average rider] ,8min plus for Evo [approx 10 min],and 10 min plus for Modern [about 12 mins]

« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2010, 11:32:20 am »
It never ceases to amaze me how there can be ten pages of discussion when the obvious is there and all touch on it but in different ways and argue that others have got it wrong.
Arguing over 15 minutes versus 5 or 6 laps because every track is a different length. True but no track that I have seen is THAT different in length to another. If so, a fifteen minute moto is a 5 lap race at a longer track and 6 laps at another that is shorter. Simple.
So it is painfully obvious that a national event be a minimum 5 to 6 lap race. So it is painfully obvious that the nationals needs to be split and at the pre 78 mark so as to accommodate the longer races and age groups.
The end.
On a side note, it would be good when the split happens so as to hopefully get a more interesting track with a few more obstacles for the later classes.   

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2010, 03:12:58 pm »
I must be on drugs!

Oh well I'm done with it, at least it got you all pissed off, so what are you going to do!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Worms

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:54:55 am by worms »

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2010, 03:25:15 pm »
You can start another race while the current race is opportrating, but , and l do mean but, it all comes back to your track design.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2010, 04:08:40 pm »
You have to stop drinking during the day Trev. ;D ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.