Author Topic: Correct type main jet for my TS125  (Read 2013 times)

trailietrash

Correct type main jet for my TS125
« on: October 13, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »
I bought a NOS TM125 26mm Carburettor for a future project and I notice that the main jet in this carb is a large hex type unlike the 24mm carb on my TS125A which has a large round type main jet. Is the large round type the right type of jet for the TS carb?
The bike bogs down at full throttle with a large round "85" jet, which is listed as the smaller of the two standard sizes for this bike, and I have tried some smaller size large round jets with little improvement.
BUT!!, I may also have a poor seal between the carb and the cylinder as the flange on the carb may be slightly warped. Would this also cause the bike to bog down at WOT? I will be replacing the carb on the weekend with a another that also has a large round "85" main jet.
I am that these large round main jets are the correct type but as I would like to order a few different size jets I don't wish to buy the wrong type.

DR

Re: Correct type main jet for my TS125
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:02:26 pm »
Trailie, the TS125 has the main jet in the carb bowl/banjo bolt type drain plug. What you are actually looking at in the carb body itself is just a round nozzle. Give the drain plug a good blow out and the prob maybe solved. A leak at the inlet is not good at any time and should be fixed before it's ridden again although this would cause the engine to lean out not 'bog down' ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:05:59 pm by Doc »

trailietrash

Re: Correct type main jet for my TS125
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:23:40 pm »
thanks Doc, I'll give it a good cleanout and see what happens