Author Topic: Motocross De Nations  (Read 2527 times)

STW996

Motocross De Nations
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:01:15 pm »
For those interest see the below link for the results of the MXON for 2010.

Aussies 6th and our Kiwi mates 9th.

Was a live link to this site this morning and was great to watch.

Good ride by all the boys and on a bit of a poor second race kept us from the podium.

Not prizes for who won it but Belgium 2nd from Germany, G.B, Italy and the Aussies!!

http://www.redbullmxon.com/results.html

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:02:56 pm by STW996 »

Offline RED ALERT

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Motocross De Nations
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:25:49 pm »
Cheers mate, couldnt watch it live, but just watched it on freecaster.http://freecaster.tv/

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:50:26 pm »
If you've got Fox and IQ, it's on tomorrow on Eurosport (highlights package), so record it and check it out. I watched the live broadcast on Redbull TV and it was very very good.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 11:21:18 am »
Good case for scrapping NZ as a country and fielding an ANZAC team I would say. Watched Ben live, it was cool.
formerly Marc.com

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 03:09:04 pm »
Good case for scrapping NZ as a country and fielding an ANZAC team I would say. Watched Ben live, it was cool.

?? ??  why??
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »
Because we always claim Kiwis as Aussies when they are good  ;D. But we regard them as useless Kiwi pricks when they lose  ;)  :D. But on a serious note, a combined Anzac team would on some occassions be a serious threat to the U.S.A domination.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:09:31 pm »
But on a serious note, a combined Anzac team would on some occassions be a serious threat to the U.S.A domination.
Yeah Chad, Ben and Metcalfe perhaps
formerly Marc.com

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 10:04:44 pm »
But on a serious note, a combined Anzac team would on some occassions be a serious threat to the U.S.A domination.
Yeah Chad, Ben and Metcalfe perhaps
Problem is they are too old. You need one under 23 year old now so the young guy will generally be the weak link( in Oz anyway). You could only pick two out of the three you have chosen.
Chad and Brett are the logical choice for next year. I think Dean should get another go as he was solid and be better from the experience. Hopefully a bit quicker in a years time too.
Speaking of the young guy being the weakest link. Some of the Euro riders were blindingly fast like the french dude that I think was a substitute for Pourcel. There was another that was 15 and racing the GP's and right up the pointy end. The yanks will fall soon to the French or German's for sure.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 11:34:43 pm »
Metty Morfing....
Off-road racing legend Mike Webb will be leading the championship efforts as Team Manager of Rockstar Makita Suzuki for both the AMA Supercross and AMA Pro Motocross series in 2011 with Ryan Dungey and Australian Brett Metcalfe as the team riders.

Webb has been a staple in off-road racing for nearly three decades and is currently at the helm of the 2010 GNCC off-road team as they take the Suzuki fuel-injected RM-Z450 to the championship in that series. In his storied history, Webb has helped Suzuki earn countless championships in off-road racing and has been the Team Manager for the GNCC bike efforts since 1992.

"I'm really excited for this opportunity to help defend the AMA Supercross and Motocross titles that Ryan Dungey so masterfully won this year," Webb said. "I'm thrilled to be working with the team and Yoshimura, as we're all fully committed to keeping that number one plate on the RM-Z450. I think 2011 is going to be a great season for us, for Suzuki, and for the RM-Z450."

To help spur the Rockstar Makita Suzuki team to another championship-winning year in 2011, Webb has also secured the efforts of Ricky Carmichael as team adviser. Carmichael has a long history with Suzuki, as well, and is considered the greatest racers of all time in the Supercross and Motocross world. Ricky will be helping the current Rockstar Makita Suzuki racers to prepare fully for competition, and advising them on bike setup, race strategy, and overall training approaches.

"Ricky is an undisputable champion," Webb said. "I can't think of a better guy to help the Rockstar Makita Suzuki team to another winning season, and I know the racers will all benefit from having him on our side."

Aussie Brett Metcalfe will be Ryan Dungey's team-mate. Although Suzuki have not released anything official Metcalfe said, "Its official!! I am joining the factory Suzuki squad for the 2011 season. Very stoked!!! Just finished the dealer convention in Vegas today!" via his Twitter account.

"Big ambitions to get improving and continue my quest to win. Thanks to everyone at Suzuki for pulling together! Can't wait to start!"" he signed off.

The lineup will see the Rockstar Makita Suzuki with the Number 1 and 2 plate in the AMA Motocross Nationals next season.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 07:44:38 am »
I think 090 comes close, the older guys like Chad and Ben know whats up and the level of fitness/technique required to run with other pro riders. But that really only comes later in their career after they have ridden in the USA or Europe. At the moment the younger guys in OZ and NZ have to have real jobs as it has got much harder to make a living riding MX in OZ and NZ.

The Americans on the other hand are running against other professional riders their whole career which pushes them to a different level.

To compound things the teams globally have their budgets slashed at the moment and the number of professional seats available are going to experienced existing champs and the odd young pro.
formerly Marc.com