Author Topic: Foster Park NSW  (Read 8859 times)

montynut

Re: Foster Park NSW
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 08:42:21 pm »
Derreck Musgrove (Fuzz) worked at the same company as me for many years only left 2 years ago. He was a fast Yamaha rider back in the late '70s. He still has a toned down version of his hair and has not really changed that much although is much more 'reserved' now. He lives n Singleton and I run into him every so often.

Graeme Boyd rode a VB250 Monty in 1977. There was only about 5 riders on Montesa at that stage in NSW.

I thought Dunlop Lea and Foster Park had both closed before '79? Maybe not.

There was also a great track near Dungog where the wettest NSW 500 title I have ever seen was held. I'm pretty sure a few bikes are still buried out there. I'm not sure of the exact location now. I know Les Richter was in the Dungog Club at that time and was involved in running some events I seem to remember.

Who can forget Jilliby Park near Wyong ;)

mx250

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 08:53:21 pm »
Hi guys,foster park and dunloplea were awesome tracks.Raced the with belmont club back in 1980same as bultacomacca.Shame their not still their.Macca should remember the likes of the fast Derrick Mussgrove,alias FUZZ.Or Graeme BIONIC Boyd Newcastle Suzuki,are the good old days.  CHEERS GREG
I agree. Dunloplea would be my favourite - despite been taken to Kurri Kurri hospital from there.

And been stopped by barbed wire hidden in the grass at turn one (wrapped around the back wheel - scratch one race ::))

I didn't win there but had some great races - wheel to wheel, lap for lap. 8) Great circuit, great traction, great memories.

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 08:56:56 pm »
My apologies guys Montynut reminded me foster park closed earlier than dunloplea,do you also remember the foster brothers DAavid and Steven,i think one of them has passed away.Jilliby park was good,used to go practise their some saturdays.Many good memories but showing my age now. Cheers GREG

montynut

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »
I thought Dunlop Lea closed first but maybe not. The old brain seems to remember some details better than others eg. enjoyed Dunlop Lea, big crash at Foster Park etc etc.

Also both tracks where available for club racing after ACU meetings stopped I think. That clouds things a bit. The good old days when clubs could just set out a track and go racing.

The Singleton Club had >125 riders during the '70s. There where six circuits around our immediate area with two meetings at each every year as Club days. MX nirvana for us.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:22:58 pm by montynut »